I finished quilting the charity quilt for Virginia Star Quilters. I've even found a friend who is willing to bind it! I may go ahead and make the binding for her. It shouldn't take long and it will be easy.
As for my goals this past week.
1. Talking Turkey to top stage. Well, it's farther along but not ready to be a top. I have done all of the sashing so there are little 9 patches around the outside of the top. Now to decide whether I'm doing anything more or saying "hey, red binding will finish it off nicely." I'm getting tired of this one but I really need to move it to top stage. I may give myself a week off and then start up on it again.
|Still need a final border of some sort.|
3. Star Blocks -- nothing got done. I'll leave it on the list for this coming week.
1. Talking Turkey to top stage. (maybe...)
2. Start trimming the Star Blocks
3. Work on Magic Mountain UFO from the mid 1990's. I've pulled them out and ironed them. Here's what I have. I need to replace the odd turquoise one since I can't fix it. The turquoise with the white print I made last night to make sure I knew what I was doing. I've pulled 3 more fabrics and will need to pick something else for that odd ball block. Hopefully, I'll make all the blocks and put this together. It's probably going to the county senior program. (And, won't I feel great when I get a very old UFO finished and on its way!)
I'm not making it an official goal but I am hoping to continue to make Happy Blocks out of a cute baby charm pack I've had a while. I'm going to be adding a few more to make it four rows instead of three. And, the more I think about it I should make this set 4 x 4. I'm going to need a lot more blocks. These blocks are pretty easy to sneak in as leader enders. I've got to find borders to 8 more. Hopefully this will get some more done this week but I really am going to focus on #2 and #3.
|Girl Happy Blocks. Oops! Mr Shark won't be in this quilt.|
Happy Quilting All. Bonnie