The year is rolling by -- Welcome August! The last week of July was great for me. Here's what I got done.
✅Bind Migrating Geese. -- Done! Honestly, I'll share pics soon.
✅Keep working on Picnic Time -- Just need to bind
✅Make some Halloween Blocks, and spider blocks -- Done. Here's a few spider web blocks I made this month. (I can't believe I made 4 with the same fabric.)
✅Quilt and bind one of my quilts -- Done!
And, I've got new plans for this coming week.
Start center block for Halloween quilt
Start working on August UFO
Start Melodic Mystery
Bind Picnic Time
Work on grand’s Christmas ornaments
These are the blocks that are my August UFO. I have 33 of them. I'm planning on making 3 more and try a 6 x 6 setting. This is a suggested layout. Who knows what layout I'll finally decide. Most of these still need to be trimmed and the paper pulled off the back. Then I can move forward to making a quilt. Hopefully I'll have some fabric to use as the backing.
Here are my fabric choices for Melodic Mystery. I was happy to have some of the fabrics in my stash -- the green raindrop and the lighter green. I had a darker magenta but not enough of it so off to the local quilt store I went. I made my decision in about 5 minutes or less. The darker could be the binding. I ended up buying new background fabric even though I had some in the stash, just not enough.
I actually sewed it although this pic is only the lay out. Now it's a bat. However, as I was flipping through patterns this afternoon I realized it wasn't a bat. Go check out Butterfly Blossoms. Yep. It's really a flower. I made a quilt with that pattern a long time ago so my guess is I decided not to put it in with the rest. But I can see it as a bat too. If it fits in I'll add it.