Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lookie, Lookie!

Shoe shopping didn't happen this week...I'm hoping for next week.  But Diana and I did go up to Charlottesville to shop at Cottonwood.  Fun, fun fun!  I don't know how we do it but we spent over 2 hours at the shop.  I bought a book and some fabric.  The fabric on the left is for a Small Quilt Talk chat group 6" charm swap.  The batik on the right is probably for a rail fence swap at an upcoming retreat.  Heck, do I really need a reason to buy some fabric??? 
Pat made a special point to come back in the house today to bring me this box that was delivered.  What? A box for me?  From a name I didn't recognize??? Oh, yeah.  I won another blog contest.  (Have I ever told you how lucky I am???)  Thelma at Cupcakes N Daisies was getting rid of her "scraps" from making two quilts using Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.  So, I added my name to her drawing and I WON!  She notified me Wednesday and I got this box today.
 Here's what greeted me when I opened it up.  
I just had to take the fabric out and play with it.  Yummy stuff.  And, you know I count every piece of fabric coming in and out of my stash... I haven't measured the smaller pieces but between fat quarters and yardage it is already over 10 yards.  Wowzer!  I have a plan for a quick (hopefully it'll really be quick) quilt.  I'd like to get it started and done in 2 weeks.  Hum, said that way it doesn't sound likely...but you never know!  I'll keep you posted though. 

I leave you with my neighbor Jennie's Peep House.  Oh yes, that is an honest to goodness Peep in a graham cracker house with flowers.  Too, too cute.  And, look at the edible grass...
Here he is all wrapped up. Jennie does a wonderful job on presentation. Notice his matching yellow bow. 

The side of the house with a lovely flower garden. 

Doesn't he look all snug in his beautiful house? 
 He's checking you out as much as you are checking him out!  Peep, peep!   Watch out little Peep.  You are on the menu for dessert tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes.  
 
I'm still putting all the pieces of the next scrap squad together.  I have most of the rows sewn.  I am adding 2 more rows on the bottom and 1 more column.  But, I'm having problems cause my design wall isn't quite big enough.  I hope to get some more done on it tomorrow.  If I can just get the center done I would be happy.  My new Quiltmaker magazine came in yesterday which means we will be revealing our quilts over the next 6 weeks.  Lots of cute quilts in this issue -- hum some more quilts I'd like to make!  


Pat and I will be singing two services tomorrow.  At least it's not three services starting at 5 in the morning like we used to do in Maryland!  For all who celebrate have a joyous Easter.  


Happy Quilting All! 

5 comments:

  1. Awwww. The Peep house is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you ARE lucky. What a nice surprise. Watch out for those peeps. They can jump into your mouth so quick you won't know what happened. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peep house is adorable! How was Cottonwood? I haven't been there in YEARS. As a Hokie I seem to avoid Charlottesville. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Peep house!

    Congratulations, your "winnings" will be fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Of course you don't have to to nominate other blogs, but I wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the pictures you post, and others may also get to know about it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.