Monday, October 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday 10-24-11

Yeah, right, like I got anything done quilting this past week... 


The road trip was fabulous.  Rather than showing you my work from this past week I'm going to share our whirlwind 48 hour trip to Gastonia, NC. 




I'm not sure where during the trip I took this photo but getting in and out of a car happened a lot during this trip.  Here are MaryBeth and Nancy, our driver.


We got down to Gastonia late evening... arriving at our hotel by 8:00pm or so.  We had a relaxing glass of wine or two and then hit the bed.  We needed our strength for tomorrow... 
 We begged some very nice woman to take our picture on the way in to Mary Jo's.  Poor lady didn't know we were all going to give her our cameras...   Here we are Bonnie, MaryBeth, Nancy and Sharon ready to shop. 







 MaryBeth shopping hard. It took us a good half hour to get beyond the notions wall. 
There were rows of Civil War fabrics.  All my Small Quilt Yahoo Group readers ... this one is for you. 


We got to the store about 9:30 am and it was after 1:00 pm when we left. Yikes, we were all exhausted and dying for a drink of water. 






Checking out -- Sharon, MaryBeth and Nancy


And the winner is ... MaryBeth


My purchases went into my Fabric Fondlers bag.... 
 And, another picture on the way out... this time a young gal volunteered to take a photo of all of us. 
The car seemed pretty full to me after this stop but we had one more place to go.   I'll post the next part of our trip another day.  



Goals for Week of 10/16/11
Bind Quilt for Kids
Make snap bags
Make gift bags
Change guest beds
Put outdoor cushions away (make big bag to store them in?)
Work on beige and turquoise quilt
Work on stars for stripes quilt

Most everything got done... now for the coming week... 
Goals for Week of 10/24/11
Trim and bind Quilt for Kids
Wash, iron, fold and put away recent fabric purchases
Quilt Kay’s quilt
Work on beige and turquoise quilt
Work on stars for stripes quilt
Sew rows together of 16 patch quilt

Not much on this list.  Note Quilt Kay's quilt.  Yes, I'm once again taking quilts to quilt on Ruthie.  I would be happy to quilt your quilt too.  I will commit to one quilt a week until December 15th or so.  If you are in need of utility quilting or basic meandering send me an email.  brsinstitches @ gmail . com. (take out the spaces...)  I'll get back to you with more information and pricing.  If you want custom quilting or IQ stitching I'd be happy to recommend some other quilters for you.  


Don't forget to view other design walls (oops, maybe I should take out "others" as my design wall is no where to be seen!) go visit Patchwork Times. I'm off to start on that goal list.  And, load Kay's quilt on Ruthie.  


Happy Quilting All! 

9 comments:

  1. Friends and fabric always make a day memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie sounds like you had a blast -- I'm glad you were able to get someone to take a group shot of *all* of you! Way to go on last week's goals!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my that looks like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping or Quilting? I'd choose the shopping with friends any day! Great CW fabrics...can you say Road Trip???
    Or maybe a few clicks with the Computer mouse...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks like you all had a great time and found some great goodies. That is neat that you got to stay in the store that long!
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, thanks for posting all the pics! I washed all my fabric today and used that lime green in 2 block for the BOM @ FCQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you were at my very favorite place to shop for fabric. I first went there when I was a very new quilter: I was overwhelmed. But spent all my money and could have spent more,much more. When we go to VA we almost always going through Gastonia at night and I just look longingly to the right and sign. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.