Monday, October 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday 10-31-11

Not much to show on my design wall.  I made two of these blocks for a Halloween block of the month opportunity. I need to get them in the mail to my guild in Maryland.  I don't want to win them... I just want to use some fabric this month.  


Saturday we went to a big commercial craft fair.  None of us bought a whole lot but we did have a great time, as usual.  Here we are in the sales aisles. 
 We also stopped by to get a few grocery items.  Jennie really wanted this cat to put on her yard.  It was cool -- the eyes lighted up and it moved its head back and forth.  But where do you put the darn thing when Halloween is over?


Goals for Week of 10/24/11
Trim and bind Quilt for Kids√ need to sew it on but it’s pinned
Wash, iron, fold and put away recent fabric purchases √ at least some of it is… even used a piece
Quilt Kay’s quilt
Work on beige and turquoise quilt
Work on stars for stripes quilt
Sew rows together of 16 patch quilt

Last week wasn't the most successful week on record.  I spent more time reading and quilting on Ruthie than piecing.  Hopefully this week I'll get a few tops and quilts completely done. 

Goals for Week of 10/31/11
Finish binding on Quilt for Kids
Wash, package up and send Quilts for Kid quilts
Keep plugging away on beige and turquoise
Sew rows together on 16 patch quilt
Load red, white and blue twin size quilt on Ruthie
Make lavender wreath 

Mail packages

This weeks goals are modest.  Hum, does that mean I like to actually accomplish my goals?  I guess so.  I'll keep them light in hopes of actually getting some things done! 

I find it interesting to see how other people work on their quilts... the process they go through.  I noticed on Judy's design wall today she has the components to make up blocks.  Hum, does that mean she makes all the components up and then put all the blocks together?  I notice she made two sample blocks... Check out her design wall and others across the net. 

Happy quilting all! 

3 comments:

  1. Be careful, every time I say I don't want to win, I always do. ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my to do list light as well this week. I've not been able to complete everything I want to and it's partly because I'm putting too many things on the list and partly cuz life is getting in the way (not a bad way just life).
    Good luck to you and me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I love your Halloween block -- especially that fabric in the center!! Do you know it's name?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.