Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Field Trip to Wegmans.

Last week I took a field trip with my gal pals to Wegmans.  Yep, a field trip to a grocery store.  Weird, isn't it?  The closest Wegmans is an hour and a half away so it pretty much took up the whole day. 
Our first order of business was lunch.  I had a yummy burrito bowl, Jennie had a sampling of different chicken dishes and Diana had a meatball sub sandwich.  We ate slowly and enjoyed looking out over the main floor. (Darn, why didn't I take more pictures?) 

















These were two appetizers in the cheese section.  They look scrumptious.  I did NOT take pictures of the desserts that looked equally scrumptious.  I'm sure there would have been an immediate calorie transfer from photographing them!

It took us hours to wind our way through the store.  Of course, we were in no hurry. What I loved looking at and snapped more pictures was the decorated table.


I wanted to remember the swirling netting around the floral arrangement.  I could do swirling netting!  And, it does such a good job of tying the whole table top together.  Of course, I think I will leave it out of the glasses. 



Check out was slow -- yes we all bought some groceries.  Luckily we didn't get caught in rush hour traffic. 


I have no idea where our next field trip will lead us.  




I've still got a few pictures to show from the quilt retreat.  Here's Sharon with two of the projects she worked on.  The banner is commemorating the 200th anniversary of Old Brick church, part of Christ Church Columbia.  And on the left she is adding buttons to a darling twister quilt.  (Hey, I get a little credit -- I gave her the charm pack of fabrics a couple of years ago.) 
That's it for now.  I'm heading upstairs to the studio to work on this week's goals.  I'm half way done with the Potato Chip bag.  It's really easy.  I also need to make some progress on two other quilts in progress.  

Happy Quilting! 

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Wegmans. Is the chain only be on the East Coast? The store must be huge to have a restaurant, the displays, AND groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year when our quilting group goes on retreat to Potter County, we stop at the Wegman's on the way for lunch...and then wander around looking at food. Now that I think about it, whenever we go anywhere together and will be near a Wegman's we stop in. It really is the most incredible store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting a Wegman's in Columbia!!! When they first started building, my son said "It looks kinda small". That was only one of the side sections!!! It's gonna be HUGE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friends go to Wegmans and I have been wanting to go for a while. Now you have inspired me to follow through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a Wegmans a couple of times back in New Jersey. It's overwhelming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like you had a blast! That table centerpiece was lovely. I'm glad you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.