Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Stash Report Oh My!

October Stash Report
Fabric used:  5.875 yards
Fabric purchased (acquired):  20.375 yards  OH MY!
Net fabric ADDED to stash: 14.5 yards 
YEAR
Year to date fabric used: 61.375 yards
Year to date fabric purchased: 92.25yards
Net Year to Date Acquired : 30.875 yards

Yes, OH MY!  I have definitely run amok with fabric acquisitions this year.  Things I've noted over the last two years of keeping track of my fabric usage: 

• I've bought more fabric this year than I have for all year in both 2009 and 2011. 
• I've used more fabric this year than last year when I compare from beginning to October.  This will probably change drastically as last year I finished a queen size quilt in October if I remember correctly. 

I need to ramp up my fabric usage for the last two months of the year.  I have a twin size quilt ready to quilt but it will not take all that much out of my stash as most of the blocks came from the FCQ Equilters.  And, even though I bought a wide back for the backing I'vw only counted it as 2 yards coming in so it can only be 2 yards going out. 

I will be evaluating my ufo's to see what I can make up in a hurry.  I need to locate the tree skirt pattern I used last year -- I have all the fabrics to do another one.  Maybe I should make a dress or two for Sophia? Perhaps a pillow case?  Maybe I should spend less time on the blasted computer!  

This weekend I finished this quilt on Ruthie for Kay:



White thread, Daisy Swirl panto by Willow Leaf.  Pattern: Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs.

If you would like me to quilt for you send me an email.  I have time slots available to finish your quilt before the holidays. 

Happy Quilting All!  

3 comments:

  1. Great pantograph for this quilt.

    I bought more fabric this year than I ever have. I must get busy and use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.