I finished the Mystery for Relay #28 by Saturday night. And, I delivered it to the head of the auction committee on Sunday. Glad to have fulfilled my commitment. You can see how it looks here. Needless to say I am thrilled with Ruthie and all her enhancements!
Now I am working on getting ready for the fall retreat. In just over a week I'll be heading up to the Harrisonburg area for 3 nights and 4 days of sewing. Yippee! I am tickled because not only is Sharon joining us, (she has been for several years now) but Mary Beth is coming too. We had a few open spots so I sent emails to a couple of the gals who go to the Maryland retreat and MB jumped right on it.
I have been working on UFO's a lot this year so I decided I would pull out my "Wild Dogs" blocks and finish them off. I thought I only had one or two left and all I needed to do was blanket stitch them on the sewing machine. WRONG. I have 6 stitched and 2 that need to be traced, fabric picked, fused, cut, ironed on the background and stitched. I thought stitching while at retreat would work well because it is pretty mindless work and I could talk and stitch. Good thing I looked at this a week before I leave. I will be tracing designs and getting everything prepped before I go so all I will need to do is stitch. It'll just take a bit more time than I had planned!
These are Amy Bradley's designs that I bought in 2006 at the FCQ show. I was so in love with them that I went home and made one the night I bought them. Eyes are missing and anything else that is embellished. Those will be added after it is quilted. All I hope to do is get the other three dogs appliquéd in place. I must say the colors are really washed out here. The dog on the bottom left is on a bright orange background!
|Two of the three blocks ready to work on.|
I have also been making blocks for the most recent FCQ Equilter. This is a an easy block and I am tickled to use up some of my cream background -- you know the type -- it looks like a city landscape because you've taken out so many bits and bites. I need to get what is leftover into my scrap system. I really like this block!
Here's what I accomplished last week. Yea! for getting things done even if it wasn't everything I wanted to do.
Week of September 15, 2014
Upload new pantograph patterns and try them√
Make backing for mystery quilt to be given to church auction√
Quilt mystery quilt √
Bind mystery quilt√
Finish paper pieced glasses from row x row (can’t find the pieces!)
Finish table runner from guild
Plan quilting for sailboat quilt
Attend Womans Club and bring part of lunch√
Knit on sock√
Week of September 22, 2014
Attend Hatched In Africa trunk Show & lunch w/friends
Lunch out Wednesday w/ woman’s club friends
Trip to Nags Head and the beach
Knit on sock
Load Sailboat Quilt on Ruthie
Prep last 3 wild dog blocks
Prep new quilt
You noticed that last one didn't you? Ok, I am starting a new quilt. I've had a scrap pattern I bought from Marge of Mysteries for Relays. I've owned it for YEARS. I've had it in a basket on the sewing table for many of those years. There is a rationale for starting this quilt. First, it will be an ender for me. (I don't usually use leaders but I use enders as much as I can.) Second, I can't really get any more strips in my 2" drawer so I have to do something. I hope to make a dent in it so I can put more in there. Ha! I bet I can take out enough for a lap quilt and not make a dent in those 2" strips! Anyway, hopefully you'll see the result of that effort in the next few weeks.
Time for me to get on with the day. You can see other design walls by going to Patchwork Times.