And here's a picture of the quilting on it. I'm very pleased with how close the quilting looks like the pantograph I used. (Daisy Swirl) The backing fabric color is a beautiful pink with bit of darker pink. I used a pink variegated thread on it which looks fabulous, if I do say so myself. The front was a white So Fine. Batting was Hobb's -- but I don't remember which one -- I have a roll of it and it doesn't say anywhere on the roll. Bummer.
Here's my goal results for last week. I did well but the quilt above wasn't even on it and it should have been!
Week of August 25, 2014
Finish binding baby quilts√
Sew Dresden baskets together into a top in progress
Start next row by row√
Wash more of the donated fabric√
Visit Nag’s Head√
Go to Sit and Stitch on Sunday√
Plan quilting for the mystery for relay quilt UGH didn’t even think about it
And this week's goals.
Week of September 1, 2014
Sew Dresden baskets into top
Start next row by row
Make another Christmas Favorites block
Practice with the new computerized long arm!
Sew Mystery of Powhatan quilt together
Make last month’s and this month’s color challenge blocks
Plan bom for Country Piecemakers
Knit on sock
See what I snuck in on this week's list? I'm getting an upgrade to my long arm. I am adding a computerized component. Although my panto work is getting much better I am very happy to add the computer to ramp up my quilting. I'm hoping to add a few customer quilts to help pay for this upgrade. In fact, I'm tickled to have a customer quilt coming in sometime in the next week or two. This weekend I'll be throwing a bunch of baby quilts I have ready to quilt on Ruthie so that I can practice. I think I have 5 or 6 of my own quilts ready to go and 2 baby charity quilts for someone else. Then I need to steadily work on the quilts I have ready to go to clear out the back log. I should have some great finishing numbers at the end of September. If you are looking for my August Fabric Stash report check back tomorrow. I didn't want to throw it in with this posting. A peak into the results looks like I actually USED more than I bought!