Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Meanderings 4 - 25 - 2016

My design wall is pretty bare today.  I've finished one quilt and passed it on to the group I was donating it to.  And, the other quilt that was up there has been loaded on Ruthie.
Here is my Dresden Baskets top, loaded and ready to be quilted.  I hope to get it completed today because this is my OMG quilt for April.   

I know I want a design in the space between the handle and the basket.  So, I drew the space onto a piece of leftover fabric and stitched out the designs I was thinking of using.  Here's my sample. I'm thinking of using an olive green thread so the stitching will be obvious but the heavy black lines I drew on the fabric won't be there. 

I'm having a hard time deciding which one to use.  My first thought was the Tri Feather but now I'm thinking the top one might be better.  Hubby liked the one called Full.  

What do you think?  Feel free to let me know in the comments section.  I definitely plan to do this today but not until early afternoon.  

I was thinking of stippling in the corners but have pretty much talked myself into stitching 1/4" away from the sashing within each block and calling that good. The border will be 2" when done and I'm not sure I'm interested in trying to quilt in there.  I may change my mind after I review what designs I might be able to develop for the space.  Maybe two wavy lines on top of each other.  So much for wanting to get this whole thing quilted today! 

These dog blocks are all that is left on my design wall today. The sunlight hits this wall first thing in the morning.  I love the design it's made coming through my blinds. Ok, back to quilting ... I had planned to use the blocks on the back of the doggy quilt but changed my mind.  Now I need to figure out how to use them and a whole bunch of doggy fabric.  I bought lots of 1/4 yard pieces of all types of dogs.  I also was given blocks to use from lots of friends. I guess I'll spend a little time in EQ and try to figure out a quick and easy pattern to use up some of the fabric.  


Now, how did I do on those goals last week?  Honestly, I had my nose to the grindstone (so to speak) most of the week as I absolutely had to finish the Slide Show (doggy) quilt and deliver it.  So, I was quite successful with the goals.
April 18, 2016
Load Slide Show
Quilt Slide Show
Bind Slide Show and deliver to group
Add borders to April OMG
Load and quilt OMG Loaded but not quilted
Start planning May retreat projects√ much thinking is going on and a little cutting too.

And here's what's on tap for this week.  I really want to finish this month's OMG so that will be the priority until finished. I'm also sewing with friends on Wednesday so I'll have to decide what to bring to work on that day.  

April 25, 2016
Quilt OMG
Label and Bind OMG
Pick next month’s OMG
Finish the 9 patches for guild’s QOV
Pick a top to quilt 
Cut and kit up one project for May retreat

That's it for today.  I'm linking up with Monday Makings, Main Crush Monday, and a newer one called Moving It Forward Monday.  That's what I'm trying to do every week! 

Happy Quilting All! 

8 comments:

  1. Love the doggie fabric. Hope you don't cut it too small, whatever design you choose. Looks like you did a terrific job on your goals. Way to go, Bonnie!!!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree...top one. This is such a fun basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty basket quilt. I like all the quilting designs. Do you have a long arm or do you quilting on your domestic machine? I'm in awe of anyone who can do such beautiful quilt with their sewing machine. I haven't joined in with the OMG program. I just putz along at my own pace. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the top quilting sample.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top or bottom one, but I'm sure you already picked and went quilting away! I love the idea of the Dresden as the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the top one. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first fill in pattern best, hopefully you've already made your selection and are done quilting your baskets. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the doggie fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.