Sunday, June 18, 2017

Monday Meanderings 6 - 19 - 2017

It has been a full week but not all sewing.  First I got another pinwheel top quilted.  It's waiting for binding now.  I also found fabric to make another backing for the 3rd pinwheel quilt. The top fabric is an old Debbie Mumm fabric.  I had to piece it to make it wide enough. I was able to match the Uncle Sam but the sun flower and the watermelon above it didn't line up well.  I'll load it soon and get the quilting done.  

I also made one of the foldable boxes.  Still need 6 or so more but at least I got one more done.  I've got them cut out and waiting so I can't really clean off part of my cutting table until all of them are made.  (Yet, I don't need them for a few months.) 

Then I decided to try making some giant flying geese using the 4-at-a-time method.  Whoa!  Super easy and fast to make these blocks.  Finding a piece of fabric big enough without cutting into my yardage took the most time.  It took me a while to find a fat quarter that I hadn't cut into! I've been using the white off and on for a year or two.  Not much left of it now.




I spent Friday attending an educational presentation by a representative of AccuQuilt.  I've been using mine for several years but I learned quite a few useful things.  And, of course there were quilts for inspiration. Here are a couple of quilts I really liked. 
I recently bought this kite die so I took a picture of this example.  (I also have a Quiltmaker magazine showing directions for making a similar quilt.) 


I wish I could remember how this block was made! I liked the look of this and some day I'll make myself a similar one. I have no idea which dies were used on the table runner. I bet I have a ruler that I could use to make it. (Hum, maybe two different rulers.) Hum, I wonder what type of batting was used as many of the quilts were very wrinkled. On the other hand, they'd been folded and in a car for several weeks! 

Pat and I celebrated our 44th anniversary by going to the local dinner theater.  "Some Enchanted Evening" was a musical review of Rodgers and Hammerstein's light operas. We had a great time.  The food was pretty good and the cast was wonderful.  No doubt we'll plan to go again sometime.   

I was very pleased to actually get everything done on my goals list last week. 




June 12, 2017
Add the borders to table topper
Quilt another pinwheel quilt
Make backing for 2 pinwheel quilts √ √
Put binding on pinwheel quilt
Make some fabric boxes √ 

Here's what I hope to do this coming week.
June19, 2017
Hand quilt on Civil War Quilt
Quilt another pinwheel quilt (#3)
Bind pinwheel quilt #2 (and maybe #3)
Start appliqueing flower wall hanging
Make some fabric boxes

I'm linking up with my normal Monday linky parties: Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, and Moving It Forward. (I'll link as the blogs are posted -- or as soon as I remember afterwards!) Take a look at some of these linky parties -- there are always lots of pictures to encourage and inspire you. 

That's if for me today. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Nothing better than celebrating with show tunes.

    I've never heard of making four flying geese at a time. Is it a new technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Debbie Mumm fabrics. I love those crows and watermelon especially. I used it for a special border years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big are your giant flying geese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive list of goals and accomplishments for the week! I love that method of making flying geese..it seems to be the only one that doesn't cut off points for me. Beautiful picture and quilt in your header. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

I am pleased you've come to visit. I hope you will leave a comment.