Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Where is it?

Do you lose quilt projects?  Do you panic or assume it will show up?  I've misplaced this project: 

It will be a flowered wall hanging -- if I can find where I stashed it after retreat.  (FYI it still looks like this!)  This is the background.  Somewhere I have all the flowers and stems cut out along with a bunch of green blocks for the border.  It came home from retreat but who knows where I put it.

I don't panic I just assume I'll find it at some point.  I have a history of finding things -- not when I want to but when they want me to... or so I feel. Until I can find this project nothing is getting done on it even though it is on my Goal list this week. SIGH

So on to other accomplishments.  My third pinwheel quilt has been quilted.  And this quilting design may become my new favorite. I like light quilting on my quilts.  And this has the right feel to me.  It was fast, easy and provides interesting texture.  It is called Modernish #3 from Urban Elements.  I used a light blue Omni thread on the front and back and a left over piece of Warm and Natural batting.  
This is an older project that, fool that I am, is being hand quilted.  I ran an 11 month BOM for my guild around the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.  All the blocks were actually used during the time period.  I used reproduction fabrics.  And I provided a little history of the block if I could find some.  Here's my introduction and the first block.   If you are interested in checking out all of the blocks, open each month in 2012 and look for 1800's Block of the Month.  I believe there were no blocks posted in July or December. 

I was looking for a hand project to work on a couple of weeks ago and pulled this out. The center is done so I've been working on the blocks.  If I remember correctly, I've finished 2 and I'm in the midst of block 3.  I've set myself a challenge to see if I can have it finished in time to enter it in the 2018 Faithful Circle Quilters show. That sounds like it might be ages from now but the entries are due in February? Or something like that. And, for some reason they want the quilts finished.  What finished, completely?  

Have you been checking out the linky parties?  Here's where I'm linking today (or in one case, tomorrow.)  Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Works in Progress Wednesdays, and Needle and Thread Thursday. (When available.) 

I'm off to put some binding on the pinwheel quilt(s). 

Happy Quilting All,  Bonnie 

10 comments:

  1. Oh that pinwheel quilt is so pretty! I'm with you on the quilting - if it's not going on a wall, then no need to quilt the heck out of it. Thank you for sharing today on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Happens to me all the time! I generally remember one of the fabrics to keep my eye out for. I'm working on something right now that wanted to be found while I was looking for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to panic when I couldn't find things, but like you said, they will appear whenever they want to be found.

    Quilts with heavy quilting are hard and not comforting at all. I prefer light quilting, too. The pinwheels look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie,
    The putting something away in a safe spot happens to me all the time. I just can't always remember what safe spot I chose . . . and I agree, it is found when it wants to be. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nerve of that show's organizers, requiring quilts to be FINISHED! Harumph! I guess it's good to have a deadline, if that motivates you.

    I haven't lost an entire project yet, but today my good tweezers disappeared. Very annoying. My sewing space is so tiny, where could anything possibly GO?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if it's wrapped up with the other things you were working on while you were on the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the Borrowers! I swear some days they pick up and hide everything I set down! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, can identify with the 'where is that project?' idea. Those pinwheels are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, the I've put it in a safe place project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will not TRY to find it. Because then I will find something else and get totally distracted and even forget that I was looking for something. Hand quilting??? What is that? I do not have the patience to even hand stitch the bindings.
    However, your pinwheels are lovely and the quilting looks mighty fine too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.