Thursday, July 27, 2017

July OMG Achieved


Grid Lock is now a top!  And, with any luck I should have it quilted and bound by the end of the month.  I'm planning on spending the next two days to get it finished.  My One Monthly Goal was to get it to top stage and I did that by last week. So I will be pushing myself to get it totally finished.  

I should have a finished A Tisket, A Tasket quilt by Monday.  I need to get the label done for it and attached.  Believe me when I say I will be really happy to get it finished. It will be hung in the guest bedroom when totally done. 

I've also been sneaking in some strip sewing for the Trip Around the World that was the Quilt Along with the 12 Days of Christmas that Sarah Craig sponsored.    I'm not whizzing through it but I now have two of the four strata sewn.  Once they are all done I'll start slicing them up and putting them together.  I'd just finished the second strata when I snapped this picture of the back. I've pressed the seams open as instructed. If you want to make one, you can go to Confessions of a Fabric Addict here to start your own version.  This is on my ironing station Pat made for me several years ago.  Tomorrow I'll sew this one into a tube.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up but the directions are there and I plan to finish soon... ok, sometime in August if I'm lucky. 

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts linky party for finished OMGs, Needle and Thread Thursday and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop. (I'll update with the link to Whoop Whoop when it is posted.)   Enjoy your favorite beverage and do a little Internet surfing.  Who knows, maybe you'll talk yourself into a new quilt too!  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


10 comments:

  1. Cngrats on getting your OMG done before the end of the month! I've gotten sidetracked with LTG and haven't done a stitch on my OMG yet but there will still be 2 days left when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grid Lock looks fantastic! I know you'll be able to get it totally finished soon.

    I press seams open when I have a lot of seams together, so it makes sense that the directions for TAW suggest doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your goal, Gridlock is looking great, it's so colourful. I'm not a fan of pressing seams open, but I can see why it's done, I just find it easier to stitch pieces together when they nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your goal finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....that's certainly a awesome monthly goal....enjoyed viewing your colorful quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go girl-congrats on getting so much accomplished. I love the Grid lock quilt. Great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grid Lock looks great! And your Xmas trip around the world is moving along nicely, too. I'm tempted by Sarah's tutorial for the Trip Around the World, but haven't been inspired by holiday fabrics yet. However, a few of my autumnal scraps are starting to call my name...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grid Lock is so colorful and fun. Congrats on meeting your July OMG. Hope you get it completely finished before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Generally speaking, no one likes grid lock. I mean would you like being stuck in traffic? Come to think of it, if I was stuck in traffic with Justin Trudeau or Daniel Craig, I would actually enjoy that very much. I think your gridlock is very enjoyable too and congratulations on achieving your OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Grid Lock quilt is very pretty! I'm thinking it might be a great pattern for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.