Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday Meandering 9 - 18 - 2017

FABRIC SHOPPING!  (in Lancaster, PA too.)


From left to right: backing for TAW, sashing for a set of blocks from FCQ EQuilters,
and  a bright choice for a pillowcase and a baby quilt. 
Oranges for the stash, bunny print for future pillowcases,
blue for binding the streak of lightening quilt,
 and deep green to bind the TAW.


Once we hit Reading, Pa where we were attending a Barbershop Harmony competition, we also did a little outlet shopping.  Let's just say I've been having really good luck on when I've chosen to go shopping.  I hit a Talbot's outlet and was looking for summer clothes.  Can I just brag that I got 3 pairs of crop pants, 2 knit tops and a lovely knit jacket for less than the full price of one pair of pants. YES!  I'm going to do a little altering on some of the clothes but I'm quite pleased with my haul this time.  As a little side note, I use to shop Talbots frequently when I worked full time.  Since I retired -- not at all.  But this outlet shopping post-season really was a great deal.  

Friday afternoon and all day Saturday Pat and I attended the Mid-Atlantic District competition in Reading, Pa.  Friday featured quartets and Saturday (starting around 8:30 am!) the choruses.   The Virginians did really well and were pleased with their 8th place finish.(Out of 22.)   Just a side note, the winners from the district competitions go on to International.  And, there are some wild card spots.  Rumor has it there is a good likelihood 4 choruses will go to Internationals from MAD. (I know sounds weird but Mid-Atlantic District=MAD.) I haven't been to a competition for years so I was happily surprised to see a large number of younger men singing in both quartets and choruses. 

After two days of barbershop harmony I was ready to stay in the hotel and read while Pat watched our USC Trojans finally beat Univ. of Texas instead of attending the last MAD event.  The next morning we headed home stopping to pick up Kona at Jenny's house. I hit the couch to read but was soon sleeping!  

I'll let my goal list from last week speak for itself. (I think I just heard it say UGH!) 

Sept 11, 2017
Make lotto blocks for retreat oops – didn’t happen
Prep a project for retreat √ at least it’s started
Finish placemats
Mail pillowcases Eeks, nope
Do some serious fabric shopping!
Enjoy Barbershop singing competition

This week should be much better! I've got a week and a half before my retreat so I need to get my projects all cut out and ready to go. 

Sept 18, 2017
Make lotto blocks for retreat
Mail pillowcases
Wash, iron and put away new fabrics
Bind Streak of Lightening Quilt
Load Christmas Trip Around the World quilt

I'm linking up with my regular Monday group: Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, Oh Scrap and Moving It Forward (when it is posted.) 

That's it from me.  I'm looking forward to some quality time in the studio this week.  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. Kudos on the great bargains at the outlet! You know that I ❤️ bargain hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to know you're a singer (my fingers tried to type swinger), too! I love barbershop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good bargain! Congrats on grabbing so many good deals. I hope you have some fun sewing time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great results with your bargains. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds, specially like your orange picks and that dark green one. Enjoy your studio time :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some fun finds from your weekend trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I miss singing in a group so much! It's hard to do in our mobile lifestyle. At least I can fabric shop, so all is not lost :) Nice selection for your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.