Sunday, June 3, 2018

Monday Meandering

 Looney Tunes is my most recent finish.  The color in this picture is a bit subdued compared to the real quilt.  This quilt will be going to Utah for one of the Hands 2 Help charities.  I'm late getting it finished but I'm sure they will be able to use it at some point.  I have another quilt that is going also which I'll show soon.  

I chose a quilting design called Pipeline that actually came with my computer software.  I've used it a couple of times and I really like the texture it gives.  I used an Omni thread in green and a poly bat that I bought on a roll from JoAnn Craft store. The roll was relatively cheap.  I really like the definition it gives to the quilting.  On the other hand, I prefer a cotton or a cotton/poly bat for my quilts. Although, considering this is going to Utah I'm sure the warmth associated with poly will be appreciated during winter!  

Here's the closeup of the quilting. Lots of nice texture.  I figure this quilt will be good for a boy or a girl.  

Once again I've been very successful on my goals for the week.
May 28 , 2018
Bind Charity Quilts√
Finish 6 Jamestown Landing blocks√
Sew Jamestown Landing blocks together√
Hand quilt on Civil War Quilt√

And this week I'm working on these goals:
June 4, 2018
Finish hand quilting Civil War Quilt
Work on OMG project
Begin prep on Beachside Bungalow quilt
Quilt 2 customers' quilts   *Heck, I've finished 2 of the 4 I had to do so I might only get 1 done this week.  It's bigger than the others so will take me longer. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

That's it for me now. I'm linking up with my regular blogs:  Oh ScrapMonday Making, Main Crush Monday, and Moving It Forward. (I'm posting this Sunday night, I know amazing that I am ahead of the game this week!  I'll edit it Monday to add all of my regular links.) 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 






6 comments:

  1. I like the turquoise and sage green border. Nice quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is adorable: I like the texture the quilting give to the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! The poly batting really makes it nice and poofy. You're right about the colors being great for boys and girls. Somebody's going to love their new quilt :)
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable! I'm curious -- what kind of quilting software are you using with your longarm machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love the colors in your quilt. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.