Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How Do I Say It? I Didn't Follow the Plan...

Nope, not distractable me.  I did get quite a bit done yesterday once I started sewing. I just didn't work on the 1800's quilt.  I did get the Million Pieces blocks sewn into rows.


I did get the Quilts for Kids quilt washed.  


I did get the binding machine and hand sewn down on the Irish Chain quilt. It needs a wash before I show it as it still has the markings all over it. 


I did get half of the little border on the old little girl and her dog quilt.  


But 1800's quilt?  Not a stitch.  It didn't even come out of its basket.  




Here's the Quilts for Kids kit quilt on the front porch.  I don't really like my quilts this wrinkled looking unless they are old fashion quilts.  My guess is this fabric was not prewashed hence the super wrinkles.  I know the Warm & White batting was.  Quilted with So Fine, Fleurs panto, Warm & White batting. 


Today I will work FIRST on the 1800's quilt and then sew these rows together.  And, I'll keep pluggin' away on the little girl & her dog quilt.  There is no way I can get it big enough for a baby quilt without doing a lot more and I am so not interested in that. 
  




Jenny posted a new picture of Sophia on Facebook.  (I stole it from there.)  I am looking forward to visiting them next week for a few days.  Watch out Sophia, Grammie is coming with her camera.  You'll be a super star!  


Weather reports that the 90's are going to give way to 80's with lows in the 50's this week.  YEA!  I am very tired of this hot weather.  I imagine we'll still have some super hot days but for the most part its over.  


On to a little laundry and a bunch of sewing.  


Happy Quilting All! 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes things just don't go as planned :( Adds some variety to life me thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy time, beautiful quilt (I like crinkly) and beautiful baby. I'll bet you can't wait to spend some time in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.