Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back to Ruthie

I have a small quilt ready to load on Ruthie today.  Hopefully I'll be done in an hour or so.  And, the best news is it is an old UFO. I hand appliqued a little girl holding a dog about 12 or 13 years ago. (really, that long?)  I took it out a few weeks ago and have added a couple of borders.  Yesterday I pieced a back for it.  The sad part is I had to buy yardage for the borders as I had nothing that would go with it.  I have every intention of finishing her before the end of the month.  I have several small finishes for this month but I did go wild buying fabric. 

I found these fabrics to go with the Million Pieces quilt. These pictures don't do them justice. The one off to the left is a fat quarter and it is more melon/orange.  It was just for fun. 
 These are all from JoJo's Quilt Shop.

I don't plan to finish this quilt until October.  I'm finishing up a few smaller items before I take on measuring and cutting borders for the queen size quilt. 

And because I am still a besotted grammie, here's a picture of Sophia with the quilt her mommy made for her. She looks like she has a tiny smile curling around her lips.

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics! Sophia is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie. Glad you are finishing off an old UFO. It is amazing how quickly a UFO can age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.