Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Stash Report

It's amazing how much fabric you can use when making a block here and a block there. 
May Stash Report
Fabric used:  5 ¼ yards
Fabric purchased (acquired):  2 1/4 yards
Net fabric USED from stash: 3 yards
YEAR
Year to date fabric used: 27 5/8 yards
Year to date fabric purchased: 38 3/4 yards
Net Year to Date Acquired : 11 1/4  yards

I only got one baby size quilt done this month the rest were little projects or single blocks to mail off.  I guess I made a lot of little blocks to send away! It's really nice to see some progress on using up the stash.  Or in this case using up what I bought this year.  I doubt if June will look this good as I'm going to be out of town a lot.  I should get at least one or two quilts done.  

What I've been doing instead of quilting: 
Pedicures





Making jam with Aimee at her house while the guys did outside work. 

 
Pat and Kevin cut out the sod and made these beds and then mulched them. 


Now I am getting ready to go to the Faithful Quilter's Retreat in Maryland. 

I've made a few little gifties of the fabric we were given.  I hope to get one more little basket done but I'm not going to stress if I don't get it done. 

I have gathered my fabrics and threads for the project -- a very stunning machine applique project.  We'll see how far I get on it.  Some of the fabric need to bathe in Synthropol to keep from bleeding.  So that is on today's to do list.  And, I need to pack all this stuff up.  I'm not sure what type of Internet access I'll have at the retreat center but I'll try to get something posted this weekend. 

I'll be staying with Jenny for a night or two and then head home.  I'll be teaching a scrap quilt to Country Piecemakers with Sandie next weekend.  Yep, June is an extremely busy month for me.  

Happy Quilting All! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been and will be busy!

    Do I see rhubarb jam in the pint jars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun! I like the pic of the 'feet', makes me giggle :)
    thanks for sharing,
    Beth in Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pedi picture. What a hoot! Have fun at your retreat. You should get a lot done there.

    Donna K. from N. TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy bee, you!! What scrap quilt are you teaching?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.