Monday, October 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday 10-3-11

Just one new quilt on the design wall. 
I think the red and yellow looks really stark against the blue stripe fabric. (Yes, that is a blue background on that stripe...)   I've decided I'm going to make some more stars and use different colors pulled from the stripe fabric.  I have green and pink and I'll look for a blue.  I'll try one of each and then decide if it looks better. Wish I had thought of that before I'd made all the stars! 



Goals for Week of 9/26/11
Shopping expedition with the gals
Cut out quilt to take on retreat
Pack for retreat
Plan on three projects to take
Make stripe quilt top started but need to re-evaluate…
Finish funny animal quilt top
Put the binding on red, white, & blue baby quilt
Sew the twin size quilt top with red, white and blue squares
Hum, what a great week last week -- I completed all my goals. Wow! 

Goals for Week of 10/3/11
Day trip to Wegman’s
Make and audition some new star blocks for stripe quilt
Quilt Quilt for Kids quilt, bind
Work on brown/beige and turquoise quilt
Relax, read.
Unpack sewing things from retreat
Prep guest rooms 

A short list this week as I'm sure I'll spend some time relaxing and doing very little! Take some time to visit other design walls by going to Patchwork Times.

Happy Quilting All!  
 

6 comments:

  1. I guess if you like the other colors better these stars can always make another quilt for you. Love the stripe fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first thought was oh that is really great stripe fabric. I like your idea of stars w/ different backgrounds-could always stitch some of the stars you don't use into the backing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding the different colors is a great idea, especially when you have such a wonderful stripe to use. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I really like your match up of the colors. That striped pattern beautifully compliments the yellow/red star! Have a GREAT week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your star blocks but I agree with your observation. I do love that stripe fabric. The purple and green are the colors that jump out at me.

    And anyway, I never purposely put red with yellow. I was the crazy kid who would never mixed the yellow and red Lego blocks in the same building. :-) I said it was like ketchup and eggs. Yuck! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I LOVE those stars with those stripes! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.