Monday, May 14, 2012

Design Wall Monday 5-14-2012

Oh my goodness another week has sailed by with only Monday's post.  Honest, I thought about another post for about 10 minutes right before I fell asleep late Friday nite.  
Absolutely NOTHING new is on my design wall... really.  So here are the 2 blocks I chose for the 1800's  block of the month for the guild.  I am hanging my head as I didn't get the instructions posted over the weekend.  If you are looking for the instructions I'll post them Tuesday, 5/15.  Honest, I promise.  


I have been unable to find a name for this block.  (You can read where I found the block in tomorrow's post with the directions...)  Have you ever seen this block?  Do you know it's name?  
How awful am I getting?  This block isn't even sewn together in this picture.  It is actually sewn together in real life but I didn't get a picture of it and I didn't want to go upstairs and take another picture.... lazy, lazy me.  
This past week Ruthie was smokin'.  I finished 3 charity quilts and one customer quilt.  Wow!  I can put  my nose to the grindstone and work.  Unfortunately I only have 2 pictures of one of the quilts. 
I decided to try some ruler work on the squares -- lovely little seed shapes with my curved ruler.  As long as I used the ruler the seed shapes were wonderful.  I decided to try my hand at free motion seeds... not so wonderful.  Sigh. I went back to the ruler.  I did free motion hearts and cirlces in the borders.  Quick, attractive and done. 

Let's look at how I did with my goals. . . 
Week of May 7, 2012
Quilt 2 more charity quilts
Make binding for SS#2
Put binding on SS#2√ about 18" and then the finishing seam still needs to be done.  But I've started hand stitching it down.
Make next block for BOM and write up directions
Quilt one more quilt on Ruthie
Trim Winnie the Pooh blocks and sew together √ They are in rows.
Clean up studio – it looks like a bomb exploded amid the fabrics blah... it looks  even more like a bomb exploded because when I trimmed Scrap Squad #2 I left everything fall on the floor so I could actually get to the binding part. 
Week of May 13, 2012
Finish stitching binding on SS #2
Photograph and write blog entry for both Quilty Pleasures and my blog
Sew Winnie the Pooh rows together
Start quilting twin charity quilt for FCQ
Back up EQ projects from the restored netbook.  Phew! Computer guru came through like a champ. 
Start Scrap Squad #3... I'm so excited about this one!!!  I can't wait to get going on it... 
Figure out backing for my flamingo quilt
Clean up the cutting table...well, it'll be a start at least
That's a start -- I'm going to spend more time piecing and finishing quilts this week than working with Ruthie.  
Do you want to see what is on design walls across the internet?  Check out Patchwork Times.


Happy Quilting All! 
  

4 comments:

  1. I love the seeds, I think I need to invest in a few rulers! I have seen your block before but no name right at the moment. I will keep looking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt block is Brown Goose. http://collection.spencerart.ku.edu/eMuseumPlus?service=ExternalInterface&module=collection&objectId=8606&viewType=detailView

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad someone could identify the name of your block! I like how it looks ... although I think I'd have named it differently. I'd have never connected brown goose that very hourglass-ish (or x markes the spot) looking piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the busy one. You are getting through your weekly goals :)! Sometimes you just gotta relax... Happy sewing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.