Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hands 2 Help

I'm so close to finishing my Hands 2 Help quilt -- I just need to add the binding which is actually started.  Hopefully I will have it finished Friday afternoon and in the mail no later than Monday.  Today I'm sharing pictures of the whole process.  Some of the pics have been shared before so just keep looking until the end to see the almost finished quilt. 
Squares cut, packaged and ready to go to retreat to be sewn.
4 rows of 8 laid out at retreat.  I made a couple of errors sewing the blocks into rows.  At that point I decided to wait to finish this at home.  Once I got home I moved some of the rows around and also added one star. 
Quilting is done!  Time for binding. 
It's hard to see the quilting here -- click on any of these photos to see a larger picture.  The pattern is Yarn Tangle.  Thread is Teal So Fine by Superior.  Batting is Pellon Natural 100% Cotton with scrim. I used a 104" backing from Connecting Threads.  The navy blue is Kona. 

UM, oops!  I didn't bring any paper with me to retreat nor did I bring my pins with the ABC's on them to mark my rows.  So I carefully tore an envelope we were given and wrote numbers for each row with any pen I could find.  
Now you see it... 
Now you don't! Hum, writing with a Frixon pen on paper that just might be ironed wasn't my best idea. 
That's it for me now.  I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and  Needle and Thread Thursday.SaveSave

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun quilt, Bonnie! I love the colors you chose!! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those blues and greens. Hope you have a chance to finish it off this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a fabulous finish - the fabric, colors and quilt design appeal to my eye. Well done!

    Is that your design on graph paper taped to the lid of the box? Great idea. I've been known to leave patterns behind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.