Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Meandering 5 - 21 -2018

Retreat is over. Exhaustion has hit.  A great amount of sewing has been done.  Lots of fellowship with friends I don't see all that often has taken place.  This post will mostly be a few pictures of what I worked on and my goals for this week. I'm pooped! 
This top was started at the beach house last weekend and finished at retreat.  The Looney Tunes character fabric was 6 fat quarters I received last year at a swap at the October retreat I go to.  It's ready for quilting and binding and YEA, I have a backing fabric for it already. It will go to one of Sarah's charities for Hands 2 Help.


Jamestown Landing saw a lot of blocks being made.  I had most of the units for the blocks made.  Here are 33 of the 42 blocks I need.  I'm pretty sure I have enough of the broken dishes blocks but I will need to make some more of the string blocks before I can finish all of the blocks.  Plus, I need to measure the bed and figure out whether I want another row to make it a bit longer.  

I actually started another small quilt but ran out of steam.  It will be easy to finish up quickly. 

Here's what happened on the goals this week: 
May 14, 2014
RETREAT FUN! Enjoy myself & sew like a demon!
Sing at last concert maybe Couldn't make it.
Finish 2 small quilt tops One finished, one started
Work on Jamestown Landing
Hand quilting on Civil War Quilt

And this week I'm planning on taking it easy on the quilting and just relax. 
May 21, 2018
Quilt 1 customer quilt
Hand quilt on Civil War Quilt
Work on Jamestown Landing
Bind previously finished charity quilt
Rest and read a book or two

I'm linking up with my regular linky parties: Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Moving it Forward, Main Crush Monday and Design Wall Monday.  Join me in browsing these links for some great inspiration. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

PS I had planned to write a post on my iPad while on retreat.  The photos were taken and watermarked. But when I tried to load the pictures into Blogger I couldn't figure out a way to load them directly from my iPad to the post.  Anyone know how to do that?  


6 comments:

  1. Jamestown Landing is going to be stunning - I love those colors!

    I've tried preparing posts on the iPad but have never been successful. I'd love to know how it's done, so please share if you find out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your retreat was enjoyable and productive. Your journey to Jamestown has been a long one! Hope you regain energy and make progress this week. I can't figure out how to blog on my iPad, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, blogger is run by Google and iPads are Apple, so I suspect there might never be a direct conduit between the two. Jamestown is really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retreat fun! I wish Google would direct more effort into Blogger to make it easier to integrate. Millions of bloggers use the platform but it sure trips up the simplest tasks at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jamestown blocks are lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on your Jamestown Landing! Elaine Adair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.