Friday, August 12, 2011

Two Little Quilt Tops

I've wanted to do a twister quilt for some time.  Now I've tried two...
I was going to try to make the twister block into a pumpkin, hence all of the oranges.  It was a good idea but didn't come out right in the planning stages (see block below...) 


I actually like this orange version.  


Here's how it looked while I was working on it. 










And here is the practice plan for the pumpkin.  I flipped the ruler over to cut the two blocks on the right side thinking I could get the cute little indent at the top which I felt a pumpkin needed.  Which actually gave me a completely different look for the center of the quilt.  I don't know what I'm going to do with this knowledge but it didn't scream pumpkin shape to me so I made up the orange blocks in the regular style.  Any ideas on either making a pumpkin with a twister ruler or what we can do with the upside down ruler blocks?? 

Jennie, Diana and I went down to Williamsburg outlets for some heavy duty shopping.  I was looking for a different dress for the wedding and some pre and post wedding clothes.  Not much luck for any of that but we all got some things. 


Jennie loves caramel apples so we went into old Williamsburg so she could get some apples. 


Look at that Jennie -- she always knows when I have the camera on her!

We had a great time even if I wasn't thrilled with the clothing I saw.  Sigh.  Guess I'll have to go again sometime!

Happy Quilting All!

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike Bonnie - I just finished my first twister quilt too! I'll take a pic and send it to you. Black and white charm packs and it's VERY busy. I like fabrics - I think this quilt must look better with more tone-on-tones and a few prints. Mine is all prints.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.