Monday, May 5, 2014

Design Wall Monday 5-5-2014

My design wall is probably empty.  I haven't been in the studio since last Monday as I was out of town for most of last week.  So I snuck a picture of Sharon's little curved piecing wall hanging.  She finished it while I drove home yesterday.  I forget what the ruler she used was called. I know she has added two borders although one may actually be a flange.   But it made a cute block.  I'll take another picture of it this weekend when she comes to visit. (Yes, weird that we're seeing each other two weekends in a row... but that is how it worked.)  

And here are some of my purchases from the vendors at the quilt show. Yep, I didn't go all that wild.  I did buy a small kit for a wool pincushion and a birthday present that will remain hidden.  Hum, I guess it is time to unpack.  The two plastic bags are templates for the blocks shown.  I've tried to make that peaceful star block on the left and just didn't get it right.  I'm trying again with accurate templates.  (At least someday I will!) 

Surprisingly all of last week's goals were done!  (Ok, so I was very purposeful when I selected those goals!) 
Week of April 28, 2014
Go to Washington, DC
Work the Faithful Circle Quilt Show
Finish $10 & under items for the quilt show
Give demo on Friday at show
Lunch with Jenny and Sophie on Friday

And what I hope to do this week. 
Week of May 5, 2014
Finish curved piecing wall hanging
Make BOM and write directions
Finish quilting QOV quilt currently on Ruthie
Work on the sail boat quilt
Clean the house

That's it for today.  I need to get in my studio and sew! Click on this Patchwork Times link and go visit design walls across the Internet. 

Happy Quilting All! 



1 comment:

  1. That is a cute block - I love the curve but do not like sewing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.