Monday, June 16, 2014

Design Wall Monday 6-16-2014

I was busy this past week but I don't have much to show for it.  So I'll share some more photos from the retreat.  First up is Jane's quilt.  She printed the leaf blocks while attending an Elder Hostel class.  Most of the printing was done on paper but she brought some fabric to print on.  I thought this finished top was gorgeous.  Hum, I probably should have turned this around.  Sorry. Although interesting, the shaft of light does detract from the top.  Unfortunately this is the only shot I got of the top put together. 

Next up is my Carolina Christmas.  By the end of the retreat the center was complete and I was working on the pieced border.  I am now using them as leader enders but I am almost finished with making all the units for the borders. 

Saturday was mystery day at Country Piecemakers.  We were sewing up a storm.  I forgot to take any pictures of my progress.  However, I did snap this picture of part of a row -- I believe these are Kay's  blocks.  Augusta Cole was a great teacher and full of energy.  This was a very well organized mystery and not all that hard.  There were only 4 clues. I got one completely done, and enough units from each section done so I could layout at least three blocks.  As much as I love my Featherweight it does stitch slowly.  Although, that probably wasn't the real issue of my being slow.  For now I will put mine aside until I finish the Caroline Christmas border and then this will move up and be my leader ender project.  

A really good week for accomplishing my goals! 
Week of June 9, 2014
Quilt charity quilt
Make brown bag blocks
Cut fabric for Mystery of Powhatan
Send out reminder about CP meeting
Unpack projects
Keep working on pieced border of Carolina Christmas
Write up directions for BOM for CP
Sew last seam on Dots for Tots/sailboat quilt
Not much planned for this week.  I need some down time after the last two weeks being busy.
Week of June 16, 2014
Finish all of the A Tisket, A Tasket blocks
Read a couple of novels
Keep working on pieced border of Carolina Christmas
Sew the columns of the heart quilt together
Load something on Ruthie 

Take a look at Patchwork Times to go visit Design Walls across the Internet. 

Happy Quilting All! 

6 comments:

  1. Your Carolina Christmas quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tops are lovely! Especially the Carolina Christmas. Augusta Cole is full of energy! (I go to church with her. :)) Looking forward to seeing the pieced borders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your progress. Carolina Christmas is a favorite. Like the leaf blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Carolina Christmas is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress on your Carolina Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Carolina Christmas quilt will be fantastic!!! You're doing a great job. Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.