Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday Meandering 8 - 13 - 2018

Here's what I was working on this week.

I finished the quilting my framed square quilt on Sunday afternoon.  The quilting design is new so this quilt was a good opportunity to try it.  It is called Diamond Magic Pantograph from My Creative Stitches. I love how it looks.  I learned how to nest a pattern -- turned out pretty good in my eyes! Next I need to find a fabric to use for binding.  This quilt will be a donation to a senior group. Here's one row of the design on Ruthie's computer. 

Last spring I cut out this quilt to possibly make during the May retreat. Since I didn't get to it then I decided it was time to get it made up now.  I'm trying to decide if I want to add a small, calm border between the 9 patches and the center floral fabric.  It has a couple additional borders after the 9 patches. What do you think?  Maybe that dark green for a border, or a lighter cream or leave it as it is?  Let me know what you think. 

The pattern is from Quiltmaker's All Time Favorites, Spring 2001 magazine.  (OMG who knew I would actually use a pattern from a magazine from 2001!  I guess it made some sense to keep my old Quiltmaker mags.)

I did pretty well on my goals this week, even if I had to sneak back to the studio after dinner on Sunday.  Most items have been checked off but a couple need a bit more time to finish them. 
August 6, 2018
Bind 16 patch quilt
Bind strippy quilt√ started
Finish knit bear still need legs and tail attached
Quilt framed 7 ½” blocks
Figure out next step on bargello (and begin!)√ 
Cut our 2 pillowcases
Keep making string borders for Jamestown Landing√ I'm almost done!

Here's what I'll be working on during this week.  Hum, it isn't as long a list -- maybe I'll be able to get all the items totally finished. Don't hold your breath. 

August 13, 2018
Finish binding strippy quilt
Add legs and tail to bear
Bind framed 7 ½” squares 
Work on 9 patches for flower pots quilt
Start sewing more strips to bargello
Finish piecing the string borders for Jamestown Landing

I'm ending with my favorite linky parties: Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Main Crush Monday and Moving It Forward. I'll keep checking back with Main Crush Monday and add that link as it becomes available. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 











8 comments:

  1. Nice job of checking so many items off of your goal list. The new pantograph looks great on the framed squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the diamond quilting pattern! That would be good for lots of scrappy quilts. I know that the pattern calls for a large whole-cloth block but what comes to mind is cutting it into squares and alternating with the nine-patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress last week. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your framed square quilt. The other quilt might need a thin border between the middle and the 9-patches, something to separate it a bit. The picture looks a little too busy but maybe it's just the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the floral could benefit from a narrow frame (either dark or light) and it might help (or totally screw up) the math in your 9-patch border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot done -- that pantograph looks really neat on the framed squares quilt. Like others, I agree that a narrow border would help the central block stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of framing the floral focal piece on your quilt. I think it looks quite busy without the frame. I am wondering how it will impact the math for the number of nine patch blocks to go around it though? (I hate that part of the process!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would add a border between the panel and the blocks. Something to rest the eye, a light shade, definitely wouldn't use green, there's so much of it already. Love the pantograph!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.