Sunday, January 27, 2019

Monday Meandering 1 - 28 - 2019

I'm backkkk!  I skipped blogging all of last week.  Before that I was talking about going on the At Home Retreat down at Sharon's new house.  I got there Thursday early afternoon and by 3 we were stitching away.  MaryBeth and Nancy got there around 5:30 -- in time for wine and dinner.  We were all stitching away after dinner, and all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

I spent most of my time on my log cabin blocks.  Ugh, by the end of the retreat I was sick and tired of those blocks.  Although I did finish all I needed.  I'll be showing them later this week for my completed One Monthly Goal. I was pretty worn out from the driving and retreat so I took some down time most of last week.  (Heck I had hardly spent any time reading and had several books I wanted to make sure I finished before they were due.) 

Here's some of the projects the gals were working on: 

MaryBeth was the fastest sewer -- or so it seemed to me. I didn't get a picture of the T shirt quilt she put together first.  Next, she put a smaller patriotic quilt together.  Unfortunately this picture turned out pretty dark. 
Then she pulled out this older Bonnie Hunter mystery and worked on it. This is just one quadrant.  She is putting it together differently than the mystery finish. 
Nancy was working on this very cool star pattern.  Except, this is the reject one! Right, not a reject to me!  She made 4 of these but one was smaller than the others so she is going to make this one a wall hanging and make a new one. 
For some reason I didn't take a picture of any of the projects Sharon was working on.  She made several blocks for Pam's FCQEquilter block and a lottery block.  But her big project was working on a cool quilt for her bed.  I'll have to get a picture of it when I next go down to visit.  But I thought you might like to see her fabric storage.  She and a friend spent a day unpacking and refolding and organizing all of her fabric when she moved in.  It looks beautiful and seems way more than when she had it stored in her closet in Maryland. 

Here are the 2 blocks I made for Carousel that I showed the kit all cut out here. I've put it away for a later date as I have several projects I'm working on now. I forgot to take pictures of the other kit I cut and took down to work on.  (Note to self, take a picture and share in the next week or so!)  
Although I did write goals for last week I didn't share them with you but here's what I got done on them: 
January 21, 2019
Work on challenge wall hanging ✔️
Start cutting and resewing log cabin blocks✔️
Make some red Rainbow ScrapChallenge blocks✔️
Make wonky star blocks for FCQ E-Quilter ✔️

January 28, 2019
Sew challenge project to background
Finish altering the last log cabin blocks 
Bind the Turtle quilt 
Mail the FCQ Equilter blocks 
Quilt and bind the Heart table runner

That's it for me today.  Please take a look at the following linky parties to see what folks are doing this week in Blogland. Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, and Moving It Forward.  I'll have to stop back tomorrow and add the links for most of these. Let's see if I remember to do it! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Your "At Home" retreat sounds a lot like my "State Park" retreat. Amazing how much can be accomplished when all you have to do is sew-eat-sleep-repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a successful retreat for everyone. I like MaryBeth's setting for the BH mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a wonderful and productive time on your retreat! All of these projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous retreat! Love MaryBeth's version of the BH Mystery from earlier times. Most of that one that I happened to see seemed much too busy but MaryBeth has a good strategy to tame it down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.