Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday Meanderings 4 - 15 - 2019

Happy Tax Day to all of my USA readers.  Ok, so most people don't think this day is a happy occasion but we were well pleased with this year's tax return.  

I realized I have yet to announce my March stashbusting report.  It wasn't horrible but I didn't do all that much "busting."

2019
Fabric In Month
Fabric In Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
March
4.250
11.080
2.500
15.250 
4.170






Yea, the only reason it's still showing I'm using fabric is from previous month's usage. Bleh.  Hopefully this month I'll have a big finish or two that will make a great big dent. 

Or not, since I did some online shopping last week.  Sigh.  How do you turn down the chance to buy quilt shop quality fabric for $2.91 a yard.  I'll wait.  Reread that statement.  Yep, you can't buy fabric at this quality that cheaply usually.  But Thousands of Bolts had a sale last week.  

I actually took a look at the fabric because I need a backing for the friendship stars I showed last week.  There were pages of fabric to go through -- most I wasn't interested in. I found a red with white polka dots that might work so I ordered 3 yards. I looked again and added 3 more fabrics that would work as either pillowcases or quilts.  Um, I wasn't sure whether I had any fabric to go with the new fabrics so I checked again, used the site's Color Matcher and came up with a green that goes with most of the prints. In the end, I purchased 7 yards of fabric and the total cost including Priority Mail was under $30.  Not too shabby.  I'm pretty sure I placed my order on late Monday night and it was in my hands by Thursday mid day.  AMAZING.  (No, I am not being compensated for these comments.  I was just blown away by the price, quality and the service.) 

Here are my purchases -- first the cute prints and then with the the other two fabs. 
 
It's so much fun to get new fabric and start a new project.  I'm guessing one of these prints will become a new quilt pretty soon.  I tend to make mostly "boy" quilts or gender neutral quilts.  I haven't taken the red fabric to the studio to see if it actually works with the friendship stars quilt tops.  Even if it doesn't there will be something it will work with. (Like the cute bunny fabric to the left.) 

So with all that shopping going on you might wonder if there was any quilting or  piecing going on.  Um, not as much as there should be.  Sigh.  Here's the goals report. 
April 8, 2019
Load & begin quilting Mystery of Powhatan quilt Nope
Begin sashing granny blocks for larger quilt
Finish border on snowflake quilt√ well, I would have except I ran out of the last border print. 
Hand quilt on old Christmas quilt√ 
Plan aqua pillow shams nope, didn’t even look at the fabric

And for this coming week... I've got several day things that will cut into my quilting time. But here's what I'm going to try to do. 

April 15, 2019
Load and quilt Mystery of Powhatan quilt
Hand quilt on old Christmas quilt
Continue sashing granny blocks for larger quilt
Finish border on snowflake quilt

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap!, Monday Making, and Moving It Forward. Have fun checking what folks are working on around the internet. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 



8 comments:

  1. it is hard to pass up good fabric for low prices!! it is the best time to buy. We were not happy with taxes but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prices on some very useable fabrics! No regrets on your goals--this is a new week and you have plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purchasing fabric at those prices would be considered a wise investment. Glad you found a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul of fabric! Woo hoo! You'll make good use of all those, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I maintain that if I can't keep myself from buying fabric then I should pay as little as possible for it. Good deal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will use up the fabric. They are definitely cute and pretty. Looks like they will be quite versatile too for your projects.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute!!! Buying fabric at that price is a steal :-) Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.