Saturday, April 6, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and One Monthly Goal

This year I've gone wild with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'm not sure why I am making 3 different block sets but I am.  Since I rarely post about the blocks I thought I'd drag them all out and show all of what I am making for the RSC.  

First up a single block each month.  This is called Bright Block by Ravenna87.  (I'm sorry to admit I have no idea where I got this from.) It's not very exciting yet but wait til I get some sashing and the flying geese border.  It is really cute. 

Next up is a Propeller Block.  I used one that Jan at The Colorful Fabricholic gave directions for.  And, if you click on Newer Posts at the bottom of the post it will take you to her next post where she shows several ways you can lay out the block.  I started the first two months by making 4 of the blocks but for some unknown reason I went to 3 for March. I may go back to making 4 blocks just so I have lots of blocks to play with when I'm ready to make a quilt or 3. By the way, that top left block is actually a dark green with light green swirls in it. It may not make it to any of the final quilts.
My last set of blocks is based on Stash Statement by Kelly Young.  You can see the pattern I'm using here. It's been a lot of fun to make these blocks -- I'm making them oversized and then trimming to the size needed. 
In these pictures I'm trying to get an idea on the color of background fabric I want to use.  I will probably make the quilt smaller than the one Kelly features.  I like the fabric on the left but I don't have enough.  The fabric on the right is too dull for these pretties.  And below is a definite NO! in my mind.  I may have a hard time using that fabric for anything. 
One of these days I'll take the blocks to a quilt store and audition fabric for the backing. I could actually being making the rows each month and be well on the way to a finish by the end of the year. 

Before I lose my opportunity to link up to the One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts here's my goal for April.  
You may be asking yourself what I'm going to be working on -- Pillow Shams. Not my favorite activity but our bed and Sea Glass will look so much better with turquoise pillow shams instead of boring white pillow cases.  My plan is to set Ruthie to quilting designs on the center rectangle and then finish off the shams. I'm tired of all the white in the bedroom so I'm pretty darn sure I will finish these this month with no problems!  

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts' April Goal Setting Linky Party and SOScrappy's Scrap Happy Saturday.  (Hum, interesting how my pillow shams work right in with the Aqua at RSC this month.)  I'm ready to finish my goals for this week so I'm heading down to the studio.  I need to sew! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

13 comments:

  1. All of your different blocks look great! I love that one of Kelly's that you're making - such a great way to use crumb blocks. Have fun with your pillow shams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's lots of eye candy here today. I actually LOVE that squiggly grey fabric with your stash statement rows on it. Hope it gets a staring (or border role in another quilt some day.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie: I love that propeller block. It's really cool. I also think the pillow shams will offset the quilt quite nicely and I agree that more colour is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, bright blocks, spring is coming ;) Love your Sea Glass quilt, and aqua pillows will look fantastic in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, a quilter after my own Sea glass heart! I love your quilt and the pillow cases are perfect. Three different blocks? Welcome to my distracted quilting world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't share my RSC blocks very often, either. They are fun to see once in a while, though! The nine patch is simple, but quite versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your RSC projects are looking great! I really like the Propeller blocks. I just got a copy of Stash Statement recently, but haven't started any of the quilts yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got some beautiful quilts going. Love those propeller blocks! So simple and yet interesting. The colors in your Sea Glass quilt are gorgeous and those shams will really set them off. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun blocks! I think your "definite no" background fabric would be a fabulous binding for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in making your pillow shams. I'm afraid I don't know the difference between a pillow case and a sham; perhaps you could explain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful bits of AQUA throughout. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That will be nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see that Jamestown Landing has landed at your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.