Sunday, June 7, 2020

Monday Meandering 6 - 8 - 2020

First up is my fabric statistics for May.  I'm making progress but I did go a little wild buying new fabrics. 
2020
Fabric In Month
Fabric In Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
May
8.750
36.750
10.875
34.50
2.50

I've changed how I count wide backs coming in.  For every yard I'm counting it as 2 yards.  Most of the time I buy a wide back with the plan to use it for two different quilts. This should make it easier to figure the usage.  I've almost used more fabric than I've bought. I hope to at least break even in June.  

Which brings me to my recent purchase of even more fabric.  Sigh! I bought two more wide backs and a blender from an on line source.  I should have enough backing fabric to get several more tops quilted. 

Two wide backs and a yellow blender. 
Here is the chartreuse fabric I bought in May.  I was tickled to figure out I have several fabrics that will go with it.  (One isn't included in this pic.) 
Wild animals and owls.  I probably won't use the wild animals with this one. 
The owls and the chartreuse may be the next new project I start.  I think that combo with some blues and yellow will look good. 

Last Week's Goals: 
W/O 6/1/2020 
  1. Start making blocks for FCQ Equilters (I’m behind — I’ve got blocks for 3 people to do!) and other individual blocks. ✔️ 1 1/2 sets done, 1 1/2 sets to go.
  2. Put the white part on the braid blocks. ✔️ 
  3. Embroider a couple of logos for masks. Not needed until next week. 
  4. Cut some red fabric for split rail blocks ✔️
I spent more time goofing off or reading last week instead of sewing.  Hopefully this week I'll get more sewing done.  

W/O 6/8/2020
  1. Embroider a couple of logos for mask and make the masks.
  2. Finish putting the braid blocks together into the top.
  3. Pick a quilt to quilt and quilt.
  4. Wash newest fabric. 
That's it for me this week.  I'm linking up with Oh Scrap, Monday Making and Design Wall Monday.  I'm looking forward to seeing what quilters have been working on. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 





3 comments:

  1. Backing fabric shouldn't count, in fact I think each time you add backing you should be able to subtract a couple yards for the quilt top you'll pair with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was commenting to my niece yesterday that I’ve used a lot of fabric from my stash this year with masks and QOV, but I can’t even see the impact in my small stash closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wide backs are so convenient! They do tend to leave lots of scraps in their wake, though, so it's important to choose ones you REALLY like :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.