Saturday, December 18, 2021

Ready to Start Something New?

For several months I've been providing information on mystery quilt alongs for the  Faithful Circle Quilters' newsletter. (For those who don't remember, FCQ is a guild in Howard County, MD to which I still belong.) With 2022 just around the corner I thought I would give you the information regarding new mystery quilts that will be starting in early 2022.  I hope you can find one you'll want to start and enjoy. Some are free, some are paid.  Several have Facebook groups to join while doing the mystery. 

First up is Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day one-day online mystery quilt.  The fabric requirements and precutting is available now.  Check back on Christmas Day, 12/25/202, for further instructions.  You have the option of making quilts from baby size all the way up to king size quilts.  Check it out here:  

Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day Mystery 


Pinwheel Mystery is available from Charlotte Hawkes at Making Scrappy Quilts.  The fabric requirements for 3 different sizes is available now.  Scroll down to find the fabric requirements.  Then come back on the second Wednesday in January (and every month) to find the clues.  (No info on how long this will go.) 



Colchester Mill Fabric and Quilting is offering Marvelous Mystery Quilt Program, a year long mystery quilt starting in January.  There is a $25 fee.  Each monthly installment will be emailed to you on the second  Monday of each month.  The quilt is designed by Michele Holt. Visit her website


Marvelous Mystery Quilt Program  


Minnesota Quilters, Inc starts their online mystery quilt, Ins and Outs on Jan 1, 2022 at 11:59 am. With the last clue coming in October.  The mystery quilt comes to you in 11 emails, with the description, fabric choices and cutting instruction sent in your confirmation email after purchasing the $46 mystery. 

 

Ins and Outs 

“Quiltmaker” has started a year long mystery quilt using Bonnie Hunter’s column Addicted to Scraps.  The first three blocks are shared in the Jan/Feb 2022 Quiltmaker Magazine.  Not a subscriber?  You can get a digital copy from QuiltingDaily.com.  The mystery will continue for the entire year.  

I haven't decided if I'm going to do any of these mysteries... but they sure sound fun. If you know of other mysteries, especially low cost or free ones please let me know. I'd be happy to share the info with FCQ. 

I haven't finished one of my quilts this week.  But I did quilt a lovely quilt for my local guild, Virginia Star Quilters last week that I really want to share.  I don't know who made the quilt but the guild is giving it to a local senior organization.  I was asked to quilt it.  

Quilter: Unknown

Design: Briar Rose in Winter Edge to Edge by MyCreativeStitches.net 

Thread: So Fine 524, Lorenzo Lavender 

I was asked to do a fast, loose pattern on the quilt so it could be done faster.  But when I saw all that wonderful white space I new Briar Rose in Winter E2E would be perfect.  It was worth the time to have this turn out so well.  

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some quilts of my own done later this month. I've just finished a big queen size quilt for a customer but I'm holding off until after the holidays to share it.  

I'm linking up with several favorite linky parties and a new-to-me party.

Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? 

Finished or Not Friday 

Beauties Pageant

Peacock Party

Amid all the bustle of getting ready for a major holiday, take a little time to sit and enjoy seeing what folks are working on these days -- surf the web through the links shared on each party. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and have fun with your Mystery Quilts - I'm not doing any of those - I did one of Bonnie's once and it took so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah you are a temptress bonnie! nice scrappy block...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mystery QAL information. I’ll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quilt! The colors are really vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.