Friday, February 4, 2022

Finished or Not Friday

No finishes of mine to share.  But here's a top in progress -- a baby quilt I'm working on with some friends.  The fabrics are old but I'm sure some little one will enjoy snuggling with it. 

We try to do one quilt a quarter to donate through our guild.  I was happy to donate all the fabrics this time.  

I'm sewing it as a leader-ender and hope to finish the top by the end of the week.  The best part is I have some leftovers of the fabric to use for the backing so it will be finished this month. 


Before Christmas I had the honor of quilting this wonderful quilt. My customer was  giving it as wedding gift. I love how sophisticated it looks. It is a classic Storm at Sea combined with Snails Trail. 


Here's a close up of the quilting pattern, Apricot Moon. I used So Fine thread #504, a very light gray. 

On to January's stash report. Luckily it was only a little addition. 

2022

Fabric In Month

Fabric In Year

Fabric Out 

Month

Fabric Out Year

Total In or Out Year


Jan

9.5

9.5

8.25

8.25

-1.25







I was sure I would have a big gain of fabric this month having bought 9 yards on Jan.2.  But I surprised myself finishing 2 small quilts and the table runner. It won't take long before I'm actually using more fabric than I'm bringing in. (Or at least I hope it will be fast.) 

Spend some time surfing the web this weekend... you can use these links as your jumping off point. 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


9 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that is a Storm at Sea pattern - I thought it was a Snail's Trail? Neat quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Storm at Sea is gorgeous! The baby quilt is bright and fun. A good mix of projects to keep you interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for turning older fabrics into quilts! and the grey quilt is sew pretty. Great job on your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby quilt and the fabrics. What a pretty Storm at Sea quilt, and your quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have a lot of older fabric, good to use some up, they still keep us warm same as new ones🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant wedding quilt! The newlyweds will certainly treasure it. I like the checkered (patch) fabric in the baby quilt. It adds pops of color and interest to the simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun top in progress!
    and what an amazing wedding quilt! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft neutrals for the SAS/ST. (I'm hooked on Wordle so I see five-letter combinations everywhere. STASS?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.