Yes, I did have a finish this week. It was small -- about 20 x 20" and it was mostly done by hand. I finished Ellie's Flowers in time to turn it in to Virginia Star Quilt Guild. It will be displayed with other "Card Challenges" at the Virginia State Fair that runs until Oct. 3, 2022.
Here's a picture of the finished project. I'm sorry but I didn't take a picture of the card that was my inspiration. I will admit it was mostly the concept of flowers in a vase rather than my making it just like the card.
I hand stitched all of the flowers, leaves and vase to the antique napkin. The napkin came from one of my grandmothers but I don't remember which one. I made a couple of the flowers 3 dimensional. Most were sewn with buttonhole stitches with a few whipstitched down.
After the embroidery was done I hand sewed the lace to the black backing fabric. Oh my goodness. I stitched over every square of the first set of holes. Argh... it took forever. But I felt it was important to get it stitched down evenly so no section would take the brunt of the weight.
Next was sewing all the edges of the lace down. Those stitches were a bit farther apart.
Linda asked about the directions for the colorful star blocks. I checked the info that was sent with our retreat information. It is called Criss Cross Stars and you can find a You Tube video by Lori Holt here. I was tickled that I had two dies so I could cut these with my Accuquilt Go. Whoop! Whoop!