Monday, October 31, 2022

Mr, October

Happy Halloween 


My plan for Mr. October was to make him the center of a Halloween quilt using some blocks I have had around for several years.  Sometime in September or earlier I had traced all the bones and other elements on to fusible. I cut them out. And I finally decided on a background.  

He went with me to retreat where I sewed everything down on the orange.  I scrounged fabric for his hat band and for the "land" he is on.  I borrowed a stripe piece of fabric from Boni who had just bound a quilt with it.  OMG -- it worked perfectly even though it wasn't actually just Halloween colors. Then I tried laying out a bunch of Halloween blocks. Um, no, that looked horrible. On to new ideas.  

Fast forward a few weeks and I finally put him all together, quilted, and bound him. He'll be hanging upstairs for the rest of this week when I'll put up my November stuff. If you love him and want your own Mr. October here's the link for the pattern. Check out the other freebies Carol has on her site. (Sorry to say, she is no longer blogging.) 

I'm posting my goals on to Tuesday.  Instead, I want to share a little bit of Halloween fun in downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Remember we were down there looking for the otter statues?  We were amazed at all the Halloween decorations some of the downtown businesses put up.  Have fun checking them out. 




That's Theo (now wanting to be called Teddy) going to check out the spiders.  We think the web might glow in the dark.  Hum, I wonder when I can figure out if it does or not? 

There were also scarecrows and potted flowers along with other decorations.  It really is an interesting town. It was chartered as a city in 1728 but it was also "found" by Capt. John Smith in 1608 while charting the Chesapeake Bay.  Many of the downtown buildings are quite old, the oldest being from 1737.  George Washington's boyhood home is close by. Mary Washington University is also here.  Ok, enough of the info on the city. (Yes, it is actually it's own city and not part of any county.) This area of Virginia has a lot of history to offer up. 

I'm ready to call it a post.  Maybe next week I'll get back to my normal posting for Monday, done the night before. I hope you take some time to visit some of the blogs listed on these Linky parties. 
To Do Tuesday   

Here's hoping you have a fun Halloween.  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

7 comments:

  1. What fun Halloween displays you saw! Love that big spider web. And you're right - that stripe was just perfect in your little quilt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. October is a fun holiday decoration. I love the skellies in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. October!!!! He is too sexy for the pumpkin!! haha!! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R October is so cute! I saw it was a free pattern but can’t find a working link. Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Skelly's you found down town! Your skelly quilt is adorable too! I'll check out that link;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Mr October is hilariously cute! You did a great job on that piece. Those decorations are great - especially love the skeletons in the tree. :D That is interesting that Fredericksburg is not part of a county.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun is your wall hanging!! sooo cute....not joe namath but a style all his own...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.