Tuesday, November 1, 2022

To Do Tuesday

Another week has rolled by and surprise, surprise -- I'm doing my goals post on a Tuesday again.  But, oh it's been a good week!  Here was the plan for last week.

10/24/22

✅Finish quilting and bind quilt

✅Finish binding previous quilt

✅Make October BOM from A Quilting Life

✅Work on Halloween quilt

Border Oct UFO Challenge Quilt

Sew borders on Traffic Jam 


Yes, I did get a lot done.  I can't share the top two finishes yet since I haven't taken photos of them. Maybe I'll get organized and get some pictures taken so I can share them -- sometime. On to what I want to accomplish this week.  It's another longer list but I'm optimistic and there isn't too much going on this week. 


10/31/22

Finish Traffic Jam to top stage

Work on different Halloween blocks (UFO Nov Challenge)

Work on Oct Melodic Melody mystery clue 

Border Oct UFO Challenge top

Order backing for Oct. UFO top 



While at the retreat at the beginning of October I finished stitching all the elements of Mr. October down.  I found this picture which was to remind me how to use some of the extra Halloween blocks I had and to make Mr. October a bit bigger lengthwise. Except -- I forgot all about it. You can see Mr. October finished on this post.  


Now I need to add blocks and make a Halloween lap quilt. The Halloween blocks came up as November's APQ's UFO Challenge. I'm going to make some more blocks and then figure out how to lay them out.  There's a good likelihood I actually have a backing for this one.  Time will tell. 


Hopefully this list won't do me in.  I have a lot of time to sew so most of them can be accomplished. (Did I just jinx myself???) 


While looking at my picture roll I found the one below.  It's from the Homestead Dairy I shared about here. Remember me raving about the ice creamy? It's worth another plug!  These lovely cows were on what looked like a barn on the other side of the parking lot. I'm sure it's all part of the Homestead Dairy.  Wouldn't they make a cute quilt? 


Wait, no I do not plan to make one.  But maybe you'd like to?  (Just call me the enabler...) 


It's time to get sewing so I'm linking up with the following Linky parties. 

To Do Tuesday

Midweek Makers 

Wednesday Wait Loss 

I'll stop by Wednesday to add the last two links.  


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 


9 comments:

  1. Mr. October is so much fun! Even without his (possible) neighboring blocks, he turned out great. Hope you have lots of time to sew this week, just like you're planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cow blocks would make a darling quilt. I hope someone makes one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your finishes and good luck this week with lots of work done;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr October is perfect! What a cute quilt. Sorry you forgot about the orphan blocks but they will look adorable in your lap quilt. I love finding Barn Quilts and those cows are wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the progress with last week's to do list. Hopefully you have lots of stitching time this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I need these cows. I am going to draft them. Yes, you are enabling but I am not complaining. How can I when Mr.October look so slim and sexy with that pumpkin :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha those cows are really cute. I look forward to seeing your lap quilt. Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.