Sunday, November 26, 2023

Monday Meanderings 11 - 27 - 2023

The race is on toward Christmas and all the other December holidays.  I have a distinct feeling I'll be highly successful finishing the few projects I've got to finish by Christmas. We had a nice Thanksgiving up at our daughter's house.  There were 7 of us.  Food was good and company was better.  Our son and his family were celebrating with his wife's family.  Both families will be together for Christmas and will have much wonderful food and company!

I've had a really good week on the sewing front.  Here's what last week's goal list looks like.

11/20/23

✅Sew on ornaments -- Several of the 4 ornaments are close to being finished.

✅Add borders to Christmas present quilt -- Done, plus backing fabric is ready to load. 

✅✅Put borders on Flower song quilt -- Two borders are on. This is ready for quilting once I get a backing.

✅ Stitch one sweatshirt — First one done! 

Work on the Nov. clue for Malted Mystery -- All of the HSTs are sewn and trimmed. 



I was so happy to finish this top this week.  Last week I had the center done and now the top is finished with two borders and corner stones. This one has been in the work for years. It may be years before it is quilted but I'm happy to have the top done. Notice the card on the bottom left?  It is an old library catalog card. I kept a big box of these cards to use for notes. This one lists info about the quilt and the size. 


If you look at my web address on the above picture behind it you'll see the Christmas present quilt. It's ready to quilt. 


By the way, I had all of this done by Saturday afternoon! Wow. I spent Sunday making two more placemats. Here's what I'll be working on this week. 


11/27/23

Quilt Christmas present top

Finish 1 of 4 ornaments (or more!)

Quilt one small quilt

Finish Nov. clue for Malted Mystery 

Make more maple leaf, basket, and happy blocks


So, yes, I did do some fabric shopping last week. In fact, I went over to JoAnns on Wednesday and Friday.  I bought 8 yards for backing 3 quilts on Wednesday. Then on Friday I decided the prices were so good I wanted to get some more backings. So another 10 yards for 3 more quilts came home.  


I'm a "washer" before adding fabric to my stash. So I cut the fabric into pieces I would need to sew together for the backings and washed and dried them. Over the next week or so I hope to piece the backings as needed.  I may not get the tops quilted for a while but I'll be ready to throw them on Ruthie when I have the time. 



Needless to say I've got a lot of quilting ahead of me!

Please take a look at these Linky parties to see what quilters are doing this week. 

Oh Scrap

Stitching Stuff at Life in Pieces

Design Wall Monday 

Monday Musings

Sew and Tell


It's about time for me to continue reading my novel.  I haven't read any today and I want to keep up my reading days on Kindle. I'm up to 586 consecutive days of reading.  I've read every week for 278 weeks in a row. (That's more than 5 years.)  Yep, I am a voracious reader.  And, I often listen to audio books while I'm stitching even though the time isn't included in the Kindle stats. May you too find some quiet reading time during this busy month.


Happy Quilting and Reading! Bonnie 


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the progress, during a holiday week no less! Good luck with your goals this week. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read almost every day and I do take my kindle to bed and read before I go to sleep every night. I find there is always something to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did accomplish a lot this week! The only fabric I recognize is the left butterfly one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Flower Song is so pretty - the border fabric is perfect for it. I think that's interesting that your Kindle keeps track of your reading time. I'm a big reader, too - I don't thinkmI ever go a day without a novel to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very pleasant Thanksgiving. And you got all of your list checked off this week! Reading is as essential as breathing to me. I've been an audiobook reader for decades but still haven't gotten comfortable with ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!!sounds great to have so many at your Thanksgiving! and yay for getting Christmas ready!! That quilt turned out so great - what a cool block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This latest top is so very pretty! I do love audio books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flower Song is sure pretty. I really like how the corner blocks fit into the borders. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did a lot this week, Bonnie. Love, love, love Flower Song!! It is so pretty. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have to share my kiddos with the inlaws, so they get Thanksgiving - I get Christmas. BUT, this year, they had Thanksgiving the Saturday before and then went camping for a week! They are not allowed to do that at Christmas!! LOL Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.