Sunday, December 3, 2023

Monday Meanderings 12 - 4 - 2023

Welcome December! You sure came fast this year! I'm surprised that I feel pretty good about the gifts I'm making this year.  I see the end in site probably by the beginning of next week.  The purchased gifts?  It's panic time! I'm hoping to start in on the purchased gifts soon... if folks will tell me what they want! 

In the meantime I did a good job on my list this week! And there were a few off list items that spoke up and got done. Check out my successes.

11/27/23

✅Quilt Christmas present -- done! Yipee! 

Finish 1 of 4 ornaments (or more!) -- I made process but none are done yet! Yikes!

Quilt one small quilt -- the backing is loaded.

✅Finish Nov. clue for Malted Mystery -- ready for the next clue coming Thursday.

✅Make more maple leaf and basket blocks -- at least one of each were made.

Off List: more placemats; work on costumes -- both done.


I added Off List to remind myself that sometimes I choose to do things off list and sometimes I forget to put items on the list. I made two aprons to be used in a number for the concerts this weekend.


Sharon and I got together on FaceTime for our monthly clue sewing date.  We each succeeded in finishing the October clue.  Come on December clue! (Which probably won't get done until the end of the month.) 



And here's what's going to happen this week.  (Or at least I hope it happens!) 


12/4/23

Bind Christmas present 

Sew on ornaments

Make more placemats

Quilt small quilt 

Wash, dry and fold some fabrics* 

Concert Weekend: Fri night rehearsal, Sat night, and Sunday afternoon shows


* My local quilt guild was given the fabric stashes from 2 ladies.  We received about 10 boxes of fabrics.  Before storing it we are washing, drying and folding it.  I've volunteered to do several of the boxes.  I'm starting with low volume and reds.  My plan is to wash one load a day. My guess is it will take about a week or more to do each box.  It's fun to mentally plan quilts to use the new-to-us fabric. Hopefully we'll be making a lot of wonderful charity quilts with it. 


Hopefully next week I'll be able to get more pictures to share. This week things got done but only the one picture to share. So, it's time to say please check out these Linky parties to see what quilters are doing around the world. 


Oh Scrap!

Stitching Stuff at Life in Pieces

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musing


Here's hoping you are getting all your projects moved forward and enjoying yourself while you sew. 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on being caught up with the Malted Mystery. I finished the last of the HSTs this weekend and am on to the blocks. Your colors are so bright and fun. Good luck with your list this week, happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving forward with projects is awesome! How fun for your guild to receive so much fabric, I am sure you will make great donation quilts with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really moving forward with your list--Dec can be tricky to stay on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking right along!!
    I'll get my present requests is real soon!! i promise haha!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors in your Malted Mystery blocks! I always have grand plans for what I'm going to get done in December, but a lot of it gets hijacked by other busy-ness. Have a great week, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sherbert colors of your malted mystery and congrats on being caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the colors in your Malted Mystery blocks, Bonnie! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.