Thursday, May 2, 2024

Malted Mystery

I just realized today is the last day to link up my finished Malted Mystery top to Cheryl's   I'm doing a short post today to share the finished top.  Cheryl does a great job keeping the quilt a mystery until the end.  

Here's a new photo of Malted Mystery.


I really like the end result and that many of the fabrics came from stash.  But, boy the dark purple really looks dark, or really black. In real life it doesn't overpower the rest of the colors so much. 

Here's a trip down memory lane (my earlier posts) about Malted Mystery.







It's been a great year.  Many thanks goes to Cheryl for her wonderful design and a fun time.  Don't forget, her next mystery is Marble Mystery starting on July 4.

Hum, looking at the first picture with my fabrics maybe I should have realized my dark was really dark!  Oh well -- I like this quilt anyway. 


I'm linking up to Cheryl's Malted Mystery Linky Party.  It's really fun to see all the different colors quilters used to make this quilt.  Amazing finishes and fun to see the different interpretations.  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


7 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out sooo pretty. I've never participated in one of Cheryl's mysteries, but I've always liked the end results...maybe the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. You used such a fun spring palette for your version. I did the same think you did, my dark navy looks black in my photos, it looks so much better than the photos show. Congrats on the finish. I'm looking forward to July. Cheryl's mysteries are always fun, make a fun quilt, and go at a pace that is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Is this one a keeper for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! You sure picked some great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color choices work perfectly in this mystery quilt. It is so hard to choose when you don't know the end result. I think you need a little dark in this quilt and the dark purple does that job. And you do love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun colors -- more like sherbet than a malted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.