Just like several of us thought, the comfortable lower temps didn't last. I just walked Sunny and the humidity was awful. The heat was ok for evening. Needless to say I spent most of time in my basement studio working on Ms. Frog. As much as I like her I am ready to do work on some other projects. Here's last week's goals.
9/7/26
✅Keep sewing on Idiom — Quilt Done except hand sewing the binding and adding 4 beads.
✅Finish quilting customer top — done. Forgot to ask owner if it is ok to share.
√ Sew July UFO together — blocks are sewn together ready to stitch to center.
✅Cut one kit for October retreat — finished. Ready to sew at retreat.
Here's a few process pictures of Ms. Frog. The color is wrong on the first two pics. The background fabric is a slate grey. The clouds have a grey background and some navy netting.
Here are the changes on the pictures. Picture 1: clouds added, eyes. Picture 2: nose and mouth, frog body zigzagged down, calf muscle highlighted, whirlpool. Picture 3: another circle added to whirlpool, additional rain added to the bottom right and left, two plants added, silver raindrops added from two umbrella points. Picture 4: plant veins highlighted.
Next week I'll added a picture of the finished quilt. I'll just say there are a few beads being added!
I loaded one of my quilts but didn't get time to quilt it. Maybe I'll have it done next week!
Here is part of a kit I cut out this week. (Okay, Sunday afternoon!)
The ABC fabric is definitely retro. Or maybe just old. I am using a smaller version of Honey Bouquet -- mine will end up 36 x 36". I've added a couple of soft yellows and greens.
The good news is I've found another pattern and fabric I want to cut out for the next project for retreat.. Hopefully I'll share it next week.
Here's what I hope to do this coming week.
9/14/26
Quilt Popsicle quilt
Cut another quilt kit for retreat
Sew July UFO together. Add something to top and bottom to make it rectangular
Cut out Marigold Mystery blocks for Sept
Look at Sept UFO
I've continued stitching every day -- definitely longer than 15 minutes.
Week ending 9/13/26: 256 days of 2026.
255 stitching days out of 256 days 99.6%
Have you checked your voter registration this year? You might want to make sure you are still registered. I Googled Virginia State Voter Registration and was taken to Virginia Voter Information. From there I could check my voter registration with a little additional information . It also was neat to see all the elections I've voted in since I moved to Virginia. That's 16 years of voting! If you can't find yourself please check it out. You may need to re-register. If you haven't registered or you've moved, state deadlines are anywhere from30 days before the election to the shortest: the day of. Different states have different requirements. Remember to vote this November.
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie
It's fun to see your photo progressions on Ms. Frog! I see you're going to make a Honey Bouquet--my all time VRD favorite pattern!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked at the Ms. Frog photos I thought of the guessing game, "Can you spot any differences between these picture?" Good progress! After a string of nearly-perfect weather it turned very chilly yesterday afternoon.
ReplyDeleteIt is only 54 degrees this morning and staying in the 60s today with possible rain. It was a jeans day yesterday too. Bet you can hardly wait to have Ms. frog done! You are smart to be cutting for your retreat already.
ReplyDeleteMs Frog is so cute!!
ReplyDeletethe frog wall hanging is just delightful! The new Honey Bouquet looks like a good project!
ReplyDeletethe frog is cut I'm so ready for cooler nights too - it is just too hot
ReplyDeleteMs. Frog is so cute! I love seeing how you added a few more details for each photo. Yes, I have checked my voter registration - I'm ready!
ReplyDeleteMs Frog is the cutest! Love seeing the progress. Good luck on your goals for this week!
ReplyDeleteYour frog is such a fun project. That pink umbrella really shines in all that rain. Good luck with your to do list and congrats on all the stitching time.
ReplyDeleteOh my Ms. Frog is a cutie patootie! Love her.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing your progression on Ms. Frog! She is great! Hope you have had a great week. Voting is a must...always! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!
ReplyDeleteMs Frog is very cute!
ReplyDelete