We have relief! Our temps hit 82º! And tonight it's supposed to drop to 62º. It's a miracle. Of course it was awful earlier this week. Temps were in the 90s and humidity was even worse. Luckily I stayed inside most days except taking Sunny for walks. I spent most of the days in basement studio. Unfortunately, when I wasn't working on Frog Choker, I was reading.
I didn't do all that well on my goals this week -- not at all! That's ok. It's amazing how much time it took to stitch a bunch of rain plus tie off all the threads!
8/31/26
✅Start sewing background of idiom quilt — background almost done. Need to tie off threads.
Cut one kit for Oct retreat — nothing done.
Lay out potato chip blocks — nope. Need to clear off design wall
✅Finish binding on sea life — done!
Get one of my tops loaded and quilted — Not done because of customer quilt.
Most of my quilting time was taken up by sewing silver thread in straight lines making it look like heavy rain. What do you think? Remind you of rain? My idiom is Frog Choker which means so much rain that even the frogs are choking on it.
Here's a close up. Since this pic was taken I got all the close "rain" stitching done on this side of the frog. Hopefully I'll be able to use a wooden skewer to hold up her umbrella. Next week she should be almost finished before I write my blog.
Here's next week's goals. (But you all know I'll be spending a lot of time on Frog Choker.)
9/7/26
Keep sewing on Idiom Quilt
Finish quilting customer top
Sew July UFO together
Cut one kit for October retreat
Fifteen Minutes of Sewing -- I sewed every day for at least 15 minutes this week.
Week ending 8/30/26: 249 days of 2026.
248 stitching days out of 249 days 99.6%



Congrats on finishing this UFO, perfectly timed to use this season! Your stitching really looks like rain on frog chocker.
ReplyDeleteYour frog is cute as can be, and I can definitely see how hard it is raining! The entire state of Colorado where we live votes by mail, and we love it. We always take our ballot to a drop box at the County building. The only issue now is trusting to the USPS to deliver it to us originally in a timely manner. Isn't it frustrating that we have to worry about that this year?
ReplyDeleteAmen! Please everyone take time to VOTE !! Cute frog, Bonnie.
ReplyDeleteYour frog project is really coming together. The UFO turned out beautifully! You made some good progress this year, one week of lost momentum doesn't negate that. You still got some stitching time in each day.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing your fall quilt, Bonnie! It turned out beautiful. What a cute Ms. frog! Yes, I see the heavy rain, what a great idea using silver thread for that. Burying threads takes forever, doesn't it? It feels like that when having a zillion to bury. Good luck on your goals!
ReplyDeleteCircle of Nine is a wonderful setting for the autumn blocks. The frog is cute. :Enjoy the somewhat-moderate temperatures.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the frog's rainy background! It is looking very good!
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome UFO finish! I've used the Circle of Nine book several times now for quilts. It's a favorite. The frog and umbrella are adorable so I'm looking forward to seeing her on her rainy quilt.
ReplyDeleteBonnie, I love your frog choker project!! Yes, your stitching does look like rain. Love it! I'm sure you can finish her up by the 16th. Just hang in there. I like your new UFO finish. I would love to see 60s at night again...it's been MONTHS for us. Our night time lows have only gotten into the mid 70s at the lowest. SEW ready for fall. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteYour little cute frog is adorable, and the heavy rain looks great. Have fun stichting on this one! Beautiful finished too, the autumn quilt looks very pretty. Thank you for sharing and linking up!
ReplyDelete