Thursday, July 16, 2009

Batting Scissors

Here are the batting scissors that I won with the fabric basket on Sunday. I used them the other day when I cut off a hunk of batting off a roll of Warm and Natural. They make it pretty darn easy to cut batting.

Today I quilted most of the conversation print quilt. I used the Popcorn pantogram. I am getting better at it but I still have some circles that look more square or rectangular.

I also spent a couple of hours at the local library volunteering. It was busy. I did get a lot of books shelved. Of course, "a lot" is relative. What is a lot there isn't all that many books. And, with years of experience, I am a pretty fast shelver. Plus, I check the books nearby to see if they are where they are suppose to be and I edge the books.

Tomorrow I hope to finish the conversation print quilting and start on the binding. I will probably do a scrappy binding using the fabrics that are bordering the conversation prints. And, I still need to do some rose work!
Happy Quilting All!

2 comments:

  1. love, love, love my batting scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting a picture of the batting scissors. I have a roll of warm and natural, and have no problems cutting that, but these would be great for polyester batting. My rings always get caught in poly batting and these look like they would hold your hand up off of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.