Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shopping Day

I finished my recent knitting project -- socks. I love these self designing yarns. I made a big point of starting in the same place with the yarn and did really well matching until I got to the toe. See that extra dark spot on the left side? That is how much I was off. And, does it matter at all? Of course not! Next on the needles will be something for a baby. I realized I don't have much in the way of baby designs. I'm going to keep my eyes open to see if I can find a pattern book with some cute designs. I have yarn for one more pair of socks... this pair is knit with both socks at the same time on two circular needles... something new to learn!

No quilting yesterday -- well almost none. I did turn under the backing on a charity quilt to sew as a binding. Hum, I wonder if I can get that done today with everything else I need to do.

Yesterday was a shopping in Scranton day. I had coupons to Borders and Joannes and did some shopping there. Darn Borders! Yesterday's coupon was 20% off one item. Today's is 25% entire purchase. GIVE ME A BREAK here. I could have saved enough to buy another book. Of course, nearly everything was paid with a gift card so...

I bought this pen while I was at Joannes. It's from the scrapbooking dept. Several of my quilting friends use something like this to prepare applique. When I prepared the Bunny Hill boms I used starch -- which was a pain doing it and a glue stick -- which was a pain when trying to sew -- evidently I got too much on and could barely get fabric off the paper pieces. So, on to something different! Either that or I am going to hand stitch to turn under the edge. I need to prep some more so I have something to do in the evenings.

Jen and Brian are coming up today. Happy Birthday, Brian! I need to finish vacuuming upstairs, check the beds and bathroom. Sharon, my quilting buddy, is coming up on Saturday for a few days of quilt time together. Maybe I can get a little quilting done today, but I'm not holding my breath.

Happy Quilting All

1 comment:

  1. Your socks are wonderful and match perfectly to my eye. How do you do your toe decreases? It looks different than the way I do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.