Wednesday, February 18, 2015

15 Minute Studio Spiff Up #7

Do I dare admit I'm not too interested in spiffing up the studio these days?  The worst part of my studio has been cleared up and is workable.  But I know I should be continuing so I've picked something that was easy for me.  I hope it is easy for you too. 

This week's assignment is: 

Straighten and clean up your ironing station. 


I have a rolling ironing table that my husband made for me.  You can read about it here. Some times it is piled high with stuff -- extra fabric, scissors, spray starch, finished blocks.  I do tend to pile stuff on it.  But, honestly, this week it wasn't all that bad.  Here's what it looked like today. 

One thing that did need to be done was dust each of the shelves.  So I cleared every section, dusted the items and the shelf and returned the items.  Surprisingly, it didn't take all that long to do and that includes ironing that blue fabric and putting it away.   

Here's the finished ironing station. It doesn't look all that much different.  If I'd taken a picture that showed all the dust then you could have seen a big difference! 

Look over your ironing board or station.  What can you do to clean it up?  Do you need a new cover for it? (Luckily, mine is fairly new.) What about cleaning your iron?  Does it need a good cleaning too?  

That's your assignment for this week.  Pretty soon we'll be starting two week assignments because the jobs are going to be bigger.  Or at least in my studio the upcoming jobs are going to be longer than a week.  I think I have one more one-week job to do.  How about you?  Are you doing areas you need to work on? We've got a few more weeks of work.  And, then I plan on doing a once a month spiff up.  Shouldn't we be able to keep our space cleaned up with just a little work each month?  We'll see if that works for us in the coming months. 

How is your spiff up going?  Do you have specific areas you want me to include. Just leave me a note with the area you need help with. 

Happy Quilting All!  

10 comments:

  1. I'm still straightening fabric shelves. They weren't too bad but then I got looking in some of my clear shoe boxes. Those 'must do' fabric combos have passed their expiry date! lol So I'm emptying, shuffling and re stacking. The rolling ironing station is such a good idea. Mine is the top of a cupboard and could probably use a new cover. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I cleared out 4 large bags of fabrics and notions. It's all headed for local school drama departments. It felt great and now my symmetry fabric is finally accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ironing station could use some spiff up. I found the ironing fabric during something else we did and it is on the board ready for the transition. I have some things to put away. My iron is good. I might go ahead and work on the drawers in the station and see what I find in there. MY post about the plan.
    http://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/15-minute-spiff-up.html
    I'll post again when I actually do something. it's been too long of a day for me to start it this late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a thermal cover on my cutting table, so it also doubles as my ironing station. I keep that surface cleaned off as it's my main work area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have an ironing station. I have an ironing board with a big board on it. The rest of my sewing room is in order since we are selling our house. It's probably the cleanest it's been in years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been extremely helpful to do the Spiff Up because I've learned to put things AWAY after using them. ;o) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it. Check out my blog. http://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/doing-my-challenges.html
    I really got rid of things on my big board. It is now mostly open space.
    I have found homes for things that have been out for a long time.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did it. Check out my blog. http://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/doing-my-challenges.html
    I really got rid of things on my big board. It is now mostly open space.
    I have found homes for things that have been out for a long time.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, I am now seriously committed! I even had a sleepless night. lol But I got the fabric spiffed, the batting spiffed AND the ironing station is ready for action.
    http://ellendacoop.blogspot.ca/2015/02/spiffed.html and yes, I DO thank you for this spiffing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.