Saturday, March 2, 2013

Stash Busting Report February


What can I say? I've been buying for specific projects.  Well, except for 3 yards of a fun white on white.  But, honestly, all the rest was for specific projects, um except maybe the polka dot fabric...


2013
Fabric In
Month
Fabric In Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out
February
11.750 yds
24.25 yds
1 yds
9 yds
15.25 in



I've taken new pictures of the block I am working on.  Check Monday's post for the first two pictures.  Here is one more. The center block is the piece I am planning on using for the border.  In fact, I used this print to pull the fabrics.  I am close to getting all the subunits  finished.  It's time for me to make up my mind.  Do you want to add your ideas?  Leave a comment.  The yellow is out -- way too bright.  So now, between the brown shown on Monday's post and the print today which do you like best.

I am sure that blue grey fabric with the spindles in it will drive me crazy.  It seemed like it was the right color but I'm not so sure seeing it in the photo.  Unfortunately it's staying as I have very little of anything else in those shades of blue.  

I've been getting my directions and fabrics ready to send to Quilt Bees a group of 12 gals from across the US. Most are my daughter Jenny's age and not all are quilters.  None the less, we've all been making some wonderful and fun blocks.  In fact I made my first 1600 style quilt for one of the gals who sent each of us 32 strips. Check my post about it here.  We've made one or two blocks from the pattern and fabric provided from the monthly Queen Bee.  I am the last to be the Queen Bee so everyone has 11 blocks done.  I'm using my new standard block, pinwheel variation. My blocks will be made into a quilt for Alycia's Quilts of Valor.  Watch for the finished quilt sometime in late spring/early summer. 

Happy Quilting All! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree the spindles would drive me crazy too. Me being me I would have to have them all the same way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like this blue print the best for the center and the border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.