Friday, July 18, 2014

Goals, But a Bit Late

I had every intention of posting my goals Tuesday after not putting them in my normal Monday post. Um, forgot all about it.  So here it is Friday and I've finally realized that I haven't posted any goals yet.  Heck, most of my week is over and I have made some progress on the goals but not as much as I had hoped. 

Let's start with last week's goals.  
Week of July 7, 2014
Stop by several quilt stores to pick up their rows for the Row by Row Experience
Finish quilting fish quilt oops!
Bind fish quilt double oops!!
Finish sewing the last 3 dresden plates to the background Again, oops athough I did work on them a bit.
Guild meeting this week
Visit the grands and babysit a day

Make last block for the charity quilt

Week of July 14, 2014
Make up a couple of the rows from the Row by Row Experience
Finish the fish quilt
Make some more star blocks from the mystery quilt
Keep working on the Dresden baskets
Visit Ellie!
Sew the charity quilt together and plan backing fabric

I have a distinct feeling that poor fish quilt is not getting finished this week. Sigh. 

Tuesday and Wednesday we were southwest of Richmond and, yep, you guessed it, we hit two more quilt shops on the Row by Row Experience!  First we went to Smith Mountain General Store which has a quilt shop in the basement. The General Store has beautiful merchandise upstairs -- I really wanted to buy a great tea pot but decided I might have a really hard time finding some place to put another tea pot. Downstairs is a full service quilt store.  I was tickled to pick up a nice book with various hand embroidery stitches in it.  Of course I also picked up the row, and got an idea.   Do you do this?  You see a tile floor and think it would be a great quilt block?  I'll keep you posted if I make a block like this floor. 


The drive up to Roanoke was only 45 minutes or so. Of course we could swing up to check out another shop!   Creative Quilting Connection is a lovely shop where, um, er, I did buy another piece of fabric!  I think I mentioned I had bought a pattern or two at one of the shops I hit earlier?  Well, I bought some fabric to make the table runner.  Now to schedule some time in the studio to actually do some sewing!  I'm hoping to hit a couple of shops this weekend.  Sorry, I should have asked Pat to smile, he was trying to hold the row so I could get a good picture of it.  I would suggest you take pictures of the store's rows as a lot of time the pictures on the directions are not in color.  It took about 12 stores before I realized it! 



Today I am heading out again to meet a friend for lunch and head to Hancock's Fabrics.  The local store is closing because the are opening a bigger store farther away.  I don't go to Hancock's all that often so I won't miss it a lot.  Who knows, maybe I'll find some fantastic fabric at a ridiculous low price today.  (Yea, like I really need more fabric!)  

Despite my lack of sewing time this week I do hope I get all the dresden plate baskets sewn to the background by hand.  Heck, I only have 1 1/2 baskets to do so there is a good possibility that will get done.  Then I can start sewing the rick rack handles on to the backing so that I can put the blocks together.  Check back on Monday to see if I've gotten any more sewing done. 

Happy Quilting All!  

3 comments:

  1. Pat's looking awfully serious as he's playing Vanna for your shot. But I'm glad to say in reality he has a great smile! Be well, my friend. You always seem to be having lots of fun in your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice to take photos of the rows. I learned that the hard way, too.

    Love the idea for a quilt block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got Paul to agree to be in the picture. My Guy would run, though I could probably convince Drama Teen to do it.

    Hope you were able to make some headway on your goals this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.