Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Half Way Through the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014

I've been trying to blog more often than once a week.  This week I've been going crazy.  So here's another short blast to show off my 6 blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  You can go to SOScraps to see more half way point versions of the color challenge.

I've been very happy with each block as it is finished.  Putting them all together -- well WOW!  I'm having a great time using all sorts of bits and pieces of fabrics.  I do like how I've used a variety of colors in each block.  I'll keep making my one block and see how I can set these once they are all made.  This month's color is red -- my favorite color.  I will have to really search to find red scraps.  I tend to use a lot of red and keep having to buy more.  

Tune in at the end of the month to see my red version of this block. 

Happy Quilting All!  

15 comments:

  1. I must second your WOW! As a group, your blocks are even more beautiful than alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love them! Great scrap busting stars. And I'm with you - I don't know how I'm going to set my churn dashes - right now I'm just enjoying making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the variety of shades in each block, too. I like how it plays with the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes wow. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely WOW! So greatlooking stars!
    Gun, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks - they really pop! Looking forward to seeing them all together at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these blocks, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. They are going to make a stunning quilt. Can't wait to see the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! I love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so great to see all the blocks together. They are great on their own but putting them together helps to visualize them as a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks look wonderful. They are going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice rainbow, Bonnie. I love the orange one at the top of your blog. Thanks for dropping by my blog and your comments on "Horseplay" - I sent you an email...! Keep up the good works

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed wow. I seem to always gravitate to rainbow colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bright and fun scrappy blocks. It will be a gorgeous quilt when you get them all made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.