Monday, April 6, 2015

Design Wall Monday 4 - 6- 2015

Happy Spring.  Here in Central Virginia spring has been springing forth. (oh no, did I really just type that?)   Our yard is beautiful (even if there are lots of weeds in it!)  Look at the bottom for how spring has bloomed here. 

I made great progress on the antique quilt.  Not only did I get the borders on I was able to quilt the top too.  Next week I will get the binding on.  I'm thinking of using the blue kona cotton from the back as it is a more pliable fabric.  The green is from the leftover fabric and is surprisingly stiff.  This was not a flat top, the blocks were bunched and pleated.  I was happy it didn't pucker too badly.
  

"My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...." Well, at least my quilting bags are packed.  I'll be leaving later this morning to go to Maryland.  I hope to blog again tomorrow on my big adventure in DC.  Yep, I'm not telling you what I'm doing.  


I'm staying with Jenny and her family so I'll get some "grand" time too.  Jenny's taking the day off Wednesday so we hope to do some sewing. Most of the stuff above is for my two scrap classes with Bonnie Hunter.  I'll move up to Sharon's house Wednesday pm with classes Thursday and Friday with Bonnie Hunter.  I may be totally pooped out by Saturday but I'm sure we're going to have a great time.  I'll try to post a couple of times this week.  I have so much going on this week there will be plenty to write and pictures to share. 

On to goals: 

Week of March 30, 2015
Finish Secret Project if possible…√ all done! Reveal next week.
Bind Christmas Embroidery top that will be raffled at the Women’s Club spring luncheon √ one side done
Put borders on the antique quilt√ and it’s quilted!
Finish getting all fabric and supplies ready to go

Week of April 6, 2015
Trip to Maryland
Sew with Jenny on Wednesday
Bonnie Hunter lecture and classes Thursday and Friday
Come home and recuperate from all my fun

I leave you with a gorgeous cherry tree in our yard. 

And how about a closeup of the blossoms? 


Easter Sunday was a beautiful day outside.  I took a few minutes to walk around the yard since I spend way too much time in the studio. (Which, BTW, has a lovely view into the back yard.) 

I'm linking with Patchwork Times and Monday Makes at Love, Laugh and Quilt. (Check back later, Monday Makes isn't up yet.) 

I'm off to get ready to drive north.  Happy Quilting All! 







6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree! Have a wonderful trip. Say hi to Bonnie from one of her fans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how fabrics go together in antique quilts, when similar combinations would not pass muster in contemporary piecing. Have a great time in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! Spring is starting to look beautiful in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travel & have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has sprung here in central Virginia! Have a fun, safe trip to Maryland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Bonnie Hunter classes (I'm just a little bit jealous). The antique quilt is looking great, love the pink and green. It fits right in with your spring theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.