Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

I'm on the lookout for additional linky parties that will motivate me to actually write a blog post.  Work in Progress Wednesday sounds like it might be a good one to try.  Hum, and how about Sew Fresh Quilts' Let's Bee Social.  

Here's something I've been working on (and not on) for a while.  I want to make 10 blocks. They will go into a lottery drawing in October at retreat.  Every block I've made I've had to unstitch something. Often I have caught the mistake before I've sewn the final block together.  This time, I have had the block on the wall (different layout) for a day before I really looked at it. Oops!


One of these is not like the other! 
It's only a small mistake but boy does it mess with the block design. Eventually I'll fix this and make the 5 more I want.  

I've been quilting a donation quilt and a couple of customers quilts.  Binding is getting done and eyes are being sewn on.  There should be a finish coming up soon.  We'll see which quilt I finish first. 

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced and Sew Fresh Quilts.  

Happy Quilting All! 


6 comments:

  1. That's a small fix indeed! It's looking great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I love taking photos of works in progress because it helps me see mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's amazing what stands out in a photo, but was invisible in the quilt itself. I'm also now taking photos to check color/value distribution. It's a lot easier to see in a photo that all the blue blocks are migrating to one side of the block layout, for instance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how photos help us to see things? I like your blocks a lot, mistake notwithstanding. Linky parties are a good way to keep blogging motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tired Teacher, Bonnie. I often can't see my mistakes until I take a picture and upload it before I notice. Your blocks look fabulous. Fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all about bright colors. Keep it bright and happy and no on will see the mistakes. I do not even call them mistakes - they are conscious design decisions to keep it interesting. It is really boring if everything is in order and well-matched. Love your colors and celebrate your unique mistakes!!!
    Sew Preeti Quilts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.