Friday, February 19, 2016

Finishes to Share!

I've got two finishes to share today.  (Mostly because I forgot to show the table runner -- it's been done since early January!)

First up is this table runner.  If you remember it was an easy mystery that Sharon shared with my local guild.  Super fun and most people got it done pretty quickly.  A few of us had to finish it at home, which I did, eventually.  You can see more about it here.  I was really pleased with the quilting design I put on each of the stars which you can see somewhat on the finished table runner. I used a blue butterfly fabric on the back thinking I might be able to use that side every once and a while.  But, honestly, it just isn't all that exciting.
I also finished the Cuddly Creatures Challenge quilt.  Faithful Circle Quilters had been given a lot of fabric that was divided  up in paper bags.  Participants were able to pick one bagful of fabric (sight unseen) to make a quilt that is going be donated to Project Linus. Hum, my "cuddly creatures" were hummingbirds, in three or four different color ways. And, strawberries in a couple of different color ways, and flowers.  Definitely not my idea of Cuddly Creatures.  Not even my idea of great kid fabric.   You've seen the quilt several times over the last month or two.  I added some extra fabric from my stash and a whole lot of Kona cotton in a neutral color.  I am tickled with the end result.  I pieced the back with the leftover fat quarters.  Voila! The finished quilt. I bought a new edge to edge pattern called Feather Boa. I used a tan So Fine thread.  You should be able to click on any of these pictures to enlarge them.



I've been trying to get more things done on my to-do list this week with some success despite being in Maryland for most of the week. I am hoping to get my February OMG quilt on the frame to quilt over the weekend. 

I'm linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday hosted by Sunlight in Winter Quilts, Fabric Frenzy at Fort Worth Fabric Studio and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Can I just add I LOVE the orange fabrics being shown at Fort Worth Fabric Studio!  But I'm not buying any -- I need to use fabric, rather than buy fabric!

I spent from Sunday to Thursday with Jenny and the grands.  Jenny was suppose to work on President's Day but the University was closed because of snow.  Her hubby's on a long work trip.  She had a lot of important meetings this week and didn't want to have to cancel them for sick children.  Grammy to the rescue!  Here's Sophie being led astray by Grammy.  Did you know Goldfish crackers fit in the mouth of a triceratops perfectly?  


Happy Quilting All!  

8 comments:

  1. Two lovely finishes, Bonnie :-) You must be pleased with how they both turned out, it sounds like a bit of a challenge to use the 'unseen' fabric but all for a good cause! Great to be able to spend time with grandies - looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute pic of your grand! So fun! Both of your finishes are great! The patriotic table runner gives me an idea for placemats. My guild is make them for Meals on Wheels recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your quilts, especially the Cuddly Creatures one. I like that design with all the solid, quiet placed in between the fun prints. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes! You made really good use of the fabric for the donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, I miss my grandson! Your quilt did turn out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of Sophie and the Dino - creative minds at work. Your finishes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great finishes. Thanks for linking them up to TGIFF. I like the idea of fabric in a bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.