Saturday, October 13, 2018

Retreat Photos and More of Canada

Here are some results from retreat last weekend.  None of these projects are mine.  

Up first is a quick project Sharon did from a jelly roll.  The instructions came from a Missouri Star video tutorial.  Um, I just don't remember what it is called.  If you know the name let me know and I'll add it to this post.  Sharon said it was super easy though. 
Nancy bought a kit that she worked on pretty much the whole weekend.  But she had the top done by Sunday morning.  I "think" it was a Moda kit and pattern.  You can't tell but the trees are 3 dimensional.  Really cool.  (I think this photo makes the colors seem a bit brighter than they are in person.)  
We had a demo on a bargello quilt using ombre fabric.  Here's Bea's quilt.  Yes, it is that easy that she started and finished it during the retreat.  (We saw the technique at 10:30 on Friday morning. I think Bea was done by Saturday afternoon.) 
And here's another one but I didn't get who was working on it. 
If you look closely you'll notice the strips have just two seams running across the fabric.   A focus fabric is inserted into the ombre fabric. The fabric is tubed and then cut into various widths.  All you do is lay the fabric tube out next to the area you are adding to and cut it. Much easier than sewing strata forever!  Timeless Treasures has a lot of nice ombre fabric out now. 

I didn't take too many photos at retreat so I thought I would throw in a few more pictures from Quebec.  The longer it takes me to post these pictures the more likely I am to get the locations wrong.  I apologize if I either don't have info on the locations or name the wrong place. (After saying that I will admit to going on line and verifying the park and the river!) 
This is looking out from Battlefields Park over the Saint Lawrence River.  It was a cool, cloudy day but there were still a few sailboats out.  On the other hand, I was glad to be in a bus!  The gardens all around the city were beautiful.  This was also at Battlefield Park where we had a short stop. 
This one struck my fancy as I think they were ornamental cabbage along with some petunias(?). 
On the drive back to catch a bus back to our ship our guide pointed out this tree.  Evidently after one battle a lot of cannon balls were left in the city.  This tree made the best of it by growing around one.  

That's it from me today.  I'm going to link up with Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop.  

I'm hoping I'll have more quilting pictures of mine by Monday!  But I know I'll have more pictures from our trip then! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome quilts and that cannon ball, how interesting. Loved your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts from your retreat: the quilters' machines and irons were busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. Looks like you were all quite busy. BTW, the name of the first quilt is Keyhole. It looks great done in so many different fabrics and Sharon's looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those "bargellombres" are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.